About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[NOT Bug] Gui skin problem
Houge Offline

[NOT Bug] Gui skin problem
Hello!
I've got the following problem. I'll try to describe it step by step, please tell me if this behaviour is ok or not smile

1. We create Panel, import image and assign image to Color Overlay Image. Everything is OK.

2. We set this panel to our Gui Skin. Buttons look as expected in editor (test image, this is exprcted smile ).

3. Run app. Great job!

4. Ah, we need to change color (or whatever) of the image. We change it and perform Reload of an image.

5. We open our Panel and we see the new colors automatically. So that was expected, cause we don't have old image any more.

6. So we run an app to see new colors. But what?!? Nothing changed! Where the hell it took old replaced image?

7. Only after manual Color Overlay Image parameter clear + assign again we get the needed result.

P.S. Tested twice, twice the same result. I think there is no need to produce test project.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2014 06:02 AM by Houge.)
11-26-2014 08:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: [Bug or not?] Gui skin problem
Hello, Thank you for reporting this issue.
This is on purpose, the panel image does not get recreated if there's no change to any property.
For it to detect a change within some other image it would need to store some additional information about the images, like for example modification date, which I'm currently not using. So the recommended way is to make a small change like you're doing to force recreate.
11-27-2014 12:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Houge Offline

RE: [NOT Bug] Gui skin problem
Ok, thank you for clarification!
11-27-2014 06:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply