About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Inesis quirks
Prodigy Offline

Inesis quirks
I have the following setup
Code:
/******************************************************************************/
Secure    PatcherSecure (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31); // this must be equal to the "Uploader" tool secure keys
const Str PatcherHttpDir="192.168.1.126/patcher",        // this must be equal to the "Uploader" tool HTTP DIR
          PatcherName   ="Ineisis"; // this must be equal to the "Uploader" tool NAME

Uploader
Code:
<Config
    FtpHostName="192.168.1.126"
    FtpUserName="admin"
    FtpPassword="Password"
    FtpDestName="Inesis"
    FtpDestFolder="patcher"
    HttpDestFolder="192.168.1.126/patcher"
    SrcFolder="C:\Users\Prodigy\Documents\Work\Esenthel\Projects\_Publish_\Ineisis Client"
    Installer="C:\Users\Prodigy\Documents\Work\Esenthel\Projects\_Publish_\Ineisis Online\Ineisis Online.exe"
    Secure="0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31"
    FtpConnections="4"
/>

Already upload it using uploader and Httpd nginx already run on 192.168.1.126
[Image: jCi4JJE.png]

But Inesis Launcher (Inesis Online) stuck at "Cannot download installer info."

Also both Inesis Client and Inesis Server error at "Can't load pak "Bin/Data.pak""

Checked inside Bin folder on both client and server and found no such file data.pak, how to create the data.pak ?

If only i am build it, it will works without those errors.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014 01:26 PM by Prodigy.)
12-31-2014 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prodigy Offline

RE: Inesis quirks
Found out it a typos on FTPDestName, managed to use the launcher, but after finished updating, it mentioned "Can't read client", i have manually copied Ineisis Client.exe into launcher folder and starting the client throwing error "Can't load pak "Bin/Data.pak"". From the source looks like it needs "Ineisis Client.dll", how to build the dll?

[Edit]
Managed to built the Ineisis Client.dll, the problem is when running using the launcher, made the process not responding
[Image: 1AUuyjF.png]

Strangely after finished debugging the client, it managed to display main menu o_0;. How to fix this?, i am building for 64 bit, directx 10+.

Also the server still error when running published server "Can't load pak "Bin/Data.pak""
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014 05:27 PM by Prodigy.)
12-31-2014 05:01 PM
Prodigy Offline

Building as 32 bit working fine, is it possible for ineisis client dll run as 64 bit dx 10+?, for me resulting the process not responding.
01-01-2015 06:36 AM
Prodigy Offline

I would appricated if anyone can help, this is very important for me as this will be a learning curve for building 64 bit directx 10+ apps.

Looks like the problem would be from this function on how to call the dll
Quote:void PlayGame(ptr)
{
Pak pak ; if(!pak.load(InstallPath+DataPak, EE_PROJECT_SECURE))Exit("Can't load data");
File f ; if(!f.readTry("Ineisis Client.dll", pak))Exit("Can't read client");
Mems<byte> data; data.setNum(f.size()); f.get(data.data(), data.elms()); f.del(); pak.del();
DLL dll ; if(!dll.createMem(data.data()))Exit("Can't load client"); data.del();

void (__cdecl *play_game)(ptr dll_module_instance, cchar *path)=(void(__cdecl*)(ptr dll_module_instance, cchar *path))dll.getFunc("PlayGame"); if(!play_game)Exit("Invalid client");

WindowHide(App.hwnd());
play_game(null, InstallPath);
StateExit.set();
}

If so, how to properly call it from 64 bit?.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 10:42 AM by Prodigy.)
01-01-2015 10:39 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,

If you make a 32-bit launcher, then it needs to load a 32-bit DLL client file.
If you make a 64-bit launcher, then it needs to load a 64-bit DLL client file.

So please make sure you compile both launcher EXE and client DLL with the same bit-ness.

Let me know if this helps.
01-02-2015 08:15 AM
Prodigy Offline

@Esenthel
I do compile both Inesis Client as 64 Bit and Inesis Online as 64 Bit, the problem is ended as not responding process unless if i clicked debug and ended the debug and then it will works!, this is really strange behaviour.

Here is the video showing it will works after debugging :

01-03-2015 07:27 AM
Prodigy Offline

How to fix those above ?, my platform toolset set as "Visual Studio 2013 - Windows XP (v120_xp)".
01-04-2015 03:07 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,

I was able to reproduce the issue in 64-bit mode, I'm investigating this right now.
01-05-2015 03:24 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,

The problem is due to Oculus Rift SDK which causes the crash.

A quick workaround for you is to disable Oculus Rift usage in the engine:
by modifying the Oculus.cpp file:
#include "stdafx.h"
#undef DESKTOP

and then recompile the engine on all configurations, recompile the game client DLL and launcher EXE.

I'll provide an option to disable Oculus Rift usage via APP_* flag for next release.
01-05-2015 06:06 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hello,

Unfortunately no, as APP_* is at runtime stage, and Ads and Facebook are at linking stage.
01-05-2015 07:07 AM
Prodigy Offline

@Esenthel
Thank you very much smile. Isn't it quite strange it doesn't happened on 32 bit ?, maybe you should filled bug report to oculus guys?
01-05-2015 08:05 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,

I'll first wait until I'm able to update to latest Oculus SDK, current SDK used in the engine is quite old (it's from DevKit 1 era).
01-05-2015 08:07 AM
Prodigy Offline

Thank you, will wait, hopefully recast (https://github.com/memononen/recastnavigation) will also get updated?, there are several fixes for memory leaks from commit.
01-05-2015 10:47 AM