About Store Forum Documentation Contact
Donations:
158$/mo

Shadertoy
Zervox Offline

Shadertoy
Not really sure if this should be posted as 3rd party tools or what not, but I found it fun to browse nonetheless.wink

Shadertoy

About
01-04-2015 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Shadertoy
Amazing!
01-04-2015 11:01 AM
3DRaddict Offline

Thank you for this link, Zervox!
Amazing and inspiring!
01-04-2015 12:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgatos7 Offline

Very nice find, thanks.
I'd like to add what i think is a very nice tool also for prototyping shaders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dLycXtChkU
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 01:41 PM by georgatos7.)
01-04-2015 01:41 PM
fatcoder Offline

ShaderTool looks like a very useful tool georgatos7. This is the kind of thing Esenthel needs.

This makes me wonder if ShaderTool could be integrated with Esenthel. They could probably provide a node that imports the Esenthel shader headers and then hook into the lib to display the results in an Esenthel render target or viewport.

I can see this as a win for both sides and would mean that Esenthel would not need its own dedicated shader editor. An integration like this would also bring more exposure to Esenthel on Greenlight since ShaderTool is already on Steam.

Greg, if you are interested, you should send them an email and see if it can be done.
01-05-2015 12:16 AM
Rubeus Offline

(01-05-2015 12:16 AM)fatcoder Wrote:  ShaderTool looks like a very useful tool georgatos7. This is the kind of thing Esenthel needs.

This makes me wonder if ShaderTool could be integrated with Esenthel. They could probably provide a node that imports the Esenthel shader headers and then hook into the lib to display the results in an Esenthel render target or viewport.

I can see this as a win for both sides and would mean that Esenthel would not need its own dedicated shader editor. An integration like this would also bring more exposure to Esenthel on Greenlight since ShaderTool is already on Steam.

Greg, if you are interested, you should send them an email and see if it can be done.

I was thinking the same thing - I'm thinking about buying this software. But it would have to use the EE libraries instead of the vanilla shader languages, as stated, but also, it's Windows-only at the moment. That would present a problem with full integration.
That said, if something COULD be worked out, that would be incredible.
01-05-2015 03:10 AM
Zervox Offline

(01-05-2015 03:10 AM)Rubeus Wrote:  I was thinking the same thing - I'm thinking about buying this software. But it would have to use the EE libraries instead of the vanilla shader languages, as stated, but also, it's Windows-only at the moment. That would present a problem with full integration.
That said, if something COULD be worked out, that would be incredible.

Don't really see why,EE is using vanilla shader languages. just using clever wrappings, after all, ShaderTool allows for OpenGL and HLSL shaders to be written.
The only thing would be the development platform would be Windows only for the time being. Don't really see that as a huge problem, you can always boot up with a virtual machine.

I was a bit suprised to see it was developed by the same person behind GeoControl or now known as World Creator though.

Not that I am against 3rd party tool connections, but following Greg's track record he likes to do alot himself and I am sure there are code on github with a permissive license like MIT or BSD which would be very adaptable.
I know that the shader editor tool written for Unity, strumpy shader editor is under a MIT license.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 05:10 AM by Zervox.)
01-05-2015 05:10 AM
fatcoder Offline

Yes, Greg does like to do as much as possible himself. As ideal as that is, it does result in his time being spread very thin amongst everything. I'm a firm believer of quality 3rd party integrations wherever possible. That way each person (or company) focuses on their own tool and what they do best. Greg just wouldn't be able to give the same level of attention (due to his limited time) to a shader editor tool as what the guys behind ShaderTool can. Therefore it would be within everyone's interest for an integration between Esenthel and ShaderTool.
01-05-2015 05:48 AM
aceio76 Offline
Silver Supporter

Maybe we need to help Greg get more licensed users, so he can perhaps hire some assistance so he can have more time on things that count the most?
01-05-2015 06:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgatos7 Offline

(01-05-2015 12:16 AM)fatcoder Wrote:  ...They could probably provide a node that imports the Esenthel shader headers and then hook into the lib to display the results in an Esenthel render target or viewport...
Amazing idea, any form of integration with such a tool or update to shaders would have been awesome. This can give the engine a big boost in the long term.

(01-05-2015 05:48 AM)fatcoder Wrote:  Yes, Greg does like to do as much as possible himself. As ideal as that is, it does result in his time being spread very thin amongst everything...

After all Greg said it himself...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fksu6FENojY
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 09:48 PM by georgatos7.)
01-05-2015 01:44 PM