About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel MMO crashing
Remie Offline

Esenthel MMO crashing
Before I post a bunch of code I'd like to make aware of what's currently happening. I am running a copy of the Esenthel MMO Source code. It is currently slightly modified just to have the camera in First Person along with WASD controls. It would run perfect for a while without any crashes. How ever if I was to relaunch it in a debug or released version it would crash after selecting my character and clicking 'OK' to join the game. Now it will still occur if I just double click the characters name to join in game. My editor is currently up to date just did the most recent update. I've also attempted running the game Visual studios debug mode and oddly enough it wont crash at all. A current fix to that issue was by increasing the loading screens length from (Time.wait(1000/24) // in milliseconds) to (Time.wait(10000)). That seemed to fix my character selection issue how ever I do still notice it will say 'Not responding' half way through but then it fixes itself with the extra wait time. Could it possibly be my world? Anyone else had any issue similar to this? Any help is appreciated if more info is needed I will gladly ramble on more!
01-08-2015 02:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Esenthel MMO crashing
Depending on your Visual Studio version, if it crashes, and "looking for solution" window pops up, if you wait a bit, then an option "debug" will open, which then you can open VS to pinpoint the crash location.
App must be compiled in debug mode, but just run it by double clicking the exe file.
01-08-2015 02:48 AM
Remie Offline

RE: Esenthel MMO crashing
Well Esenthel maybe I am just having the worst of luck because it seems to be working fine as of right now when earlier it was having its crashes. This is without any changes by the wall, so I am just stumped. If the problem re-occurs I will try your solution, however in the mean time thank you !
01-08-2015 03:18 AM