About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel Engine to console. Is it theorically possible?
sabino Offline

Esenthel Engine to console. Is it theorically possible?
Sony and Microsoft allow indie developers to create console games. Esenthel Engine uses OpenGL for rendering, and this API is supported by PS4. If DirectX integration would be possible, games could be exported for XBox too. The question is: is this theorically possible? Esenthel Engine is next-gen ready and very easy to use. smile
I am going to buy the source license, and if my project/s will make me earn something, I will immediately donate $3.000+ to Greg (2500 for PS4 SDK + 500 for XBox SDK + other to encourage).
Good work, Greg, you are a genie. pfft
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 07:11 PM by sabino.)
02-05-2015 07:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Esenthel Engine to console. Is it theorically possible?
(02-05-2015 07:10 PM)sabino Wrote:  Sony and Microsoft allow indie developers to create console games. Esenthel Engine uses OpenGL for rendering, and this API is supported by PS4. If DirectX integration would be possible, games could be exported for XBox too. The question is: is this theorically possible? Esenthel Engine is next-gen ready and very easy to use. smile
I am going to buy the source license, and if my project/s will make me earn something, I will immediately donate $3.000+ to Greg (2500 for PS4 SDK + 500 for XBox SDK + other to encourage).
Good work, Greg, you are a genie. pfft

Esenthel uses DirectX AND OpenGL, infact it uses DirectX only on all Microsoft OSs, and OpenGL on all non Microsoft OSs

To keep it simple, yes it is possible, not only theoretically.
02-05-2015 07:38 PM
Rubeus Offline

As much as I would love to see console support added, I would like to see some other features added first- most of the roadmap, really.
Keep in mind that with each supported OS, Esenthel's workload grows ever larger....
02-05-2015 08:27 PM
Houge Offline

Xbox One and PS4 switched to x64 architecture. Developing for Xbox One will be as easy as for Windows 10 according to Microsoft smile So the only thing to do (if there is no more hidden difficulties) is to get Xbox SDK. I think dealing with PS4 it's not much harder.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 08:30 PM by Houge.)
02-05-2015 08:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

From API/Architecture I think that PS4 and X One are much more approachable now, than the previous generation PS3/X360.
The biggest issues I think are with obtaining licensing / dev kits and costs related to that.
02-05-2015 08:35 PM
Houge Offline

(02-05-2015 08:35 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  The biggest issues I think are with obtaining licensing / dev kits and costs related to that.

By the way Microsoft gives SDK for free smile
http://www.xbox.com/ru-RU/developers/id

UPD
PS4 is way harder - http://www.playstation.com/en-us/develop/
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 08:44 PM by Houge.)
02-05-2015 08:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

That's cool, at least one cost goes down.

I read that you still need a dev kit though:
Quote:Can I use my retail Xbox One as a developer kit?

As part of our vision for enabling everyone with an Xbox One to be a creator, we absolutely intend to enable people to develop games using their retail kits. Right now, though, you'll still need a developer kit!
02-05-2015 08:46 PM
Zervox Offline

PS4: "You must be physically located in US, Mexico, Central America, South America, or Canada"

Heh, really?
02-05-2015 08:47 PM
sabino Offline

(02-05-2015 08:47 PM)Zervox Wrote:  PS4: "You must be physically located in US, Mexico, Central America, South America, or Canada"

Heh, really?

I'm European and Esenthel is Oceanic :(
Doesn't matter, it is possible to develop for XBox, anyway smile
The only features that need to be added are the joystick inputs.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 09:03 PM by sabino.)
02-05-2015 09:00 PM
Houge Offline

(02-05-2015 08:46 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  That's cool, at least one cost goes down.

I read that you still need a dev kit though

I think it will be like that before Windows 10 releases. After it's released I hope we will be able to use retail kits.
02-05-2015 09:01 PM
Zervox Offline

(02-05-2015 09:01 PM)Houge Wrote:  I think it will be like that before Windows 10 releases. After it's released I hope we will be able to use retail kits.

That is what Microsoft is aiming for, isn't there already a way to activate an Xbone to Developer kit?
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 09:05 PM by Zervox.)
02-05-2015 09:05 PM
sabino Offline

Sorry if I ask another question, Esenthel Engine uses PhysX for physic simulation. Nvidia is a very jealous company so PhysX is executed on a single CPU core only by default. If I had access to the source code, could I be able to create my own threads in C++?
02-06-2015 01:23 PM
Zervox Offline

http://physxinfo.com/news/11327/multithr...physx-sdk/

with source code you are free to do whatever you want in the source,even switch physics engine.
execution on a single core is default because it is best left at that for a fast implementation test, not because NVidia is jealous, it is up to the end user to add more threads to the task not NVidia.
02-06-2015 01:41 PM
sabino Offline

Oh, great! Thank you smile
02-06-2015 02:16 PM