About Store Forum Documentation Contact

My Interactive PlayRoom
3DRaddict Offline

My Interactive PlayRoom
This is the room where I experiment, perform demonstrations, build contraptions, play with puzzles, solve problems and generally have some interactive fun!

[Image: HowHighCanYouGo.jpg]

You can have an initial peek by downloading this first issue, and attempt to see "how high you can go". If you feel that you have achieved a record height then post up a screenshot (as proof grin )

All constructive criticism is welcome.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2104...u%20Go.rar
01-16-2015 11:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: My Interactive PlayRoom
Why have you piled on with my first letter? coincidence? wink j/k
Might give it a try later today. ^^
01-16-2015 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgatos7 Offline

Y me too i'll post comments.
01-16-2015 03:35 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Man this is frustrating ... I can get to 6 but it always goes unstable by the 7th and topples! Pretty cool though 3DRaddict smile

01-16-2015 08:02 PM
Jben Offline

Cool! smile
01-16-2015 11:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

Well done. Pixel! (and so neatly stacked too! grin)

Yes, 6 does appear to be the limit... when standing alone.
However, with a little support from the wall and the whiteboard... 9 is the limit.
(He he... there was no mention of any rules wink )

[Image: 9high.jpg]

If anyone succeeds with No.10 then please let me know. smile
01-17-2015 06:39 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Haha ... nice one grin
01-17-2015 10:14 AM
RedOcktober Offline

neat... and frustrating smile

i've been an avid follower of your physics/mechanics projects since the early 3D Rad versions... it'll be interesting to see the Esenthel versions and what the new development environment can enhance and/or contribute...

for those who aren't familiar with the 3DRaddicTION... look here http://www.3draddict.com/

--Mike
01-17-2015 03:25 PM
3DRaddict Offline

Yes, Mike, I learned much from you and the old 3DRadder crowd.

Quote:it'll be interesting to see the Esenthel versions and what the new development environment can enhance and/or contribute...

Hopefully so smile
01-17-2015 03:49 PM
3DRaddict Offline

Just took a little time off from surfing to play with my MultiPuzzle...

[Image: MultiPuzzle1.jpg]

You can too...
MultiPuzzle

Two pieces are fixed in the correct positions.
The other pieces only have to be placed, they are already orientated correctly.
No "lights and whistles" on completion... just your own self satisfaction.
You can post your completed solution to show users that it can be done

Hints:
1) Understand my user interface (see [F1] key)
2) Be gentle
3) Use the shadows for guidance
03-06-2015 07:02 AM
georgatos7 Offline

Awesome puzzle i enjoyed it, thanks.
Only thing i have to propose for your nice playrooms is maybe to switch to a fly cam that gives a much better handling feel but that might just be me.

*spoiler for solution*
http://s25.postimg.org/j1y14f867/puzzle.png

Also why is LMB depressed? Is it because its buddy drowned and got eaten by the fish? (lol joking smile )

Edit: Also (also-ception) in case you missed it, Esenthel answered that he will be adding additional functionality to hinge joints which is a good thing for your projects. I want to investigate myself the accuracy for mechanical/robotic applications.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 03:53 PM by georgatos7.)
03-06-2015 03:47 PM
3DRaddict Offline

@georgatos7
Glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:Only thing i have to propose for your nice playrooms is maybe to switch to a fly cam that gives a much better handling

If I manage to sprout a set of wings I might just try that!grin

Seriously though, I had considered using the normally accepted modes.
(i.e. using the mouse for directional changes, and keyboard for translational movement). but I wanted the mouse kept free for user interaction with objects in the room (without pressing additional keyboard keys Alt, Ctl etc)
Also, I wanted to keep the camera at real person height to better simulate the player/experimenter moving around the room (even though he passes through that center bench!)
03-06-2015 05:20 PM
para Offline

I agree with the 'mouse should be kept free' decision, but I would still leave the wasd keys to their standard behaviour (forward/back/ and strafe left/right) and map q,e to turning left/right, I found it quite counter intuitive, but there really isn't much need to move about in this puzzle.. except at the start as the initial position doesn't have all the pieces in view..

A very minor thing.. the resolution it's currently set is cutting a bit of the help text off, as you're probably aware.. anyway just a small tip, at work I'm often tasked with putting some text over pictures or video at the last minute, so a quick fix I often use to make text more legible and easier on the eyes is to put a black or white solid layer bellow it at 15-50% opacity...

Also, you really should make use of that whiteboard, ie. draw some hints or instructions on the puzzle.. i think it would add a nice touch.
03-06-2015 06:42 PM
3DRaddict Offline

@para
Quote: leave the wasd keys to their standard behaviour (forward/back/ and strafe left/right) and map q,e to turning left/right
Thanks for pointing this out. I never realised that I had messed up the standard use of those keys, as I never use them myself to any large extent.
I've always used the arrow keys, and just copied their same functionality over to the 'wasd' keys. Because I was using the left/right arrow keys to turn, that same function was carried over to the 'a' and 'd' keys, replacing the standard 'strafe' function. I'll make the changes in all my future work.

Quote:the resolution it's currently set is cutting a bit of the help text off, as you're probably aware
I can't actually see that on my system... anyone else notice this?

Quote:put a black or white solid layer bellow it at 15-50% opacity
That a good tip... I'll be trying it out

Quote:you really should make use of that whiteboard
Yes, that's why I placed them there in the first place... I just didn't bother to use them in this particular case.

Thanks for your feedback and tips, para... I really welcome it. It can only help me improve my future apps.smile
03-07-2015 06:11 AM
para Offline

Both puzzles start in 800x600 for me, while I notice from your screenshots you have it running in a different aspect ratio, .. i'm guessing either you are running a different build or you don't set the resolution and EE picks one automatically in relation to current screen resolution?
03-07-2015 02:59 PM