About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Particle application tutorial
3DRaddict Offline

Particle application tutorial
Esenthel has a very nice particle editor (hidden away in the World Editor) which enables us to build a detailed particle set of our choice. However, on how to use and manage that particle set in our code there is virtually zit. I've spent a good few hours in trying to apply foam/spray particles to my waves, purely by trial and error.
We definitely need a nice detailed tutorial, with examples, on managing particles the Esenthel way. The Particle API gives all the interesting and useful looking functions, but without detailed examples of how to apply them in code, they are pretty much useless to most of us Esenthel newbies... what a waste. For example, I would love to know how to apply 'RawParticles', but not one example application of this.
I might add (as gathered from my previous posts), that this does not only apply to particles... there are a whole lot of hidden gems in the API that go virtually unused, purely through a lack of examples on their use. Surely it would be beneficial for Esenthel to put some time into producing an 'advanced' user manual in this regard?
03-09-2015 09:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: Particle application tutorial
1+
Should add a list of the hidden gems you are referring to.^^
I'd like to add that I would like two separate projects one Tutorial Basics and one for Tutorial Advanced to avoid cluttering of the two, just my opinion. smile

Being able to export EsenthelProject for easy and fast load makes it more than possible for the experimenting one to publish them also. Just a tip to everyone. smile
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 04:00 PM by Zervox.)
03-09-2015 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

Perhaps "hidden gems" are the wrong words to use... its just that, to me, I see many classes and class functions in the API that I am sure would be very valuable and useful to me, but because there is so little by way of detailed practical examples showing their use and clearly explaining all the Esenthel terminology, they remain 'hidden' to me (and maybe others are in the same boat)
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 05:53 PM by 3DRaddict.)
03-09-2015 05:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
para Offline

No, "hidden gems" is quite appropriate, ..and this engine is full of them!

I've converted most of the "lost" tutorials from 1.0 to 2.0, so far I have ~20 of them. Should be easy to adapt to the current version, as I had practically no trouble updating them to the last version of 2.0.. If Greg doesn't mind I could share them.
03-09-2015 07:24 PM