About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Mayby bug in water
kreathyon Offline

Mayby bug in water
Lake no reflect the river

I am not sure that it is a bug but I prefer signalling it grin
08-24-2015 07:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ezequel Offline

RE: Mayby bug in water
I have seen the same behavior, where the water reflection seems to "turn off"(?) under a certain view angle, it looked like it could maybe be depending on the sun's position.
08-24-2015 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

The video is a bit short to be sure, but perhaps it is related to this?

http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=4667

(Read Greg's answer)
08-30-2015 05:45 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Reflections have not fully supported all material techniques as demonstrated in the examples below ... maybe this is a similar case where water does not reflect other water.

Tree with Leaf technique (shader) applied. Foliage clearly reflected:

Same tree with Test Blend Light Leaf technique (shader) applied. Foliage not reflected:

08-31-2015 10:15 AM
para Offline

(08-31-2015 10:15 AM)Pixel Perfect Wrote:  Reflections have not fully supported all material techniques as demonstrated in the examples below ... maybe this is a similar case where water does not reflect other water.

Tree with Leaf technique (shader) applied. Foliage clearly reflected:
Same tree with Test Blend Light Leaf technique (shader) applied. Foliage not reflected:

Haven't checked, but this could be due to the default value for reflection renderer type set to RT_SIMPLE (Can be controlled from the 'WaterClass' class, you can also enable shadows and more lights there)

--edit:
@link from yvanvds: Interesting info from Greg about the way water reflections are handled in the engine. I wish information like that would be gathered somewhere in the docs, instead of being scattered across the forums...
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2015 10:59 PM by para.)
08-31-2015 10:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

Thanks Para, that's a really useful piece of information. I'd not noticed that before. I'll give it a try and report back on the result.
08-31-2015 10:48 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Still getting the same results with the following setting:

Code:
Water.reflectionRenderer(RT_DEFERRED);

(08-31-2015 10:41 PM)para Wrote:  @link from yvanvds: Interesting info from Greg about the way water reflections are handled in the engine. I wish information like that would be gathered somewhere in the docs, instead of being scattered across the forums...

Yeah, that's fairly important information that again I was not previously aware of!
09-01-2015 12:18 AM
Ezequel Offline

Thans for this info! I'll try to reproduce it while taking this in consideration.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 07:53 AM by Ezequel.)
09-01-2015 07:51 AM