About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel Turbo
georgatos7 Offline

RE: Esenthel Turbo
Ah awesome, thanks for letting me know, this will definitely be helpful.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2015 11:44 PM by georgatos7.)
10-14-2015 10:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've just update the shader headers package to include headers from latest version.

However please keep in mind that right now the recommended solution for playing around with shaders is getting the source license, until an integrated shader solution is developed.
10-14-2015 10:35 PM
georgatos7 Offline

(10-14-2015 10:35 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  I've just update the shader headers package to include headers from latest version.

Wow, that's truly amazing customer service. Thanks for this essential and instant update!

(10-14-2015 10:35 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  However please keep in mind that right now the recommended solution for playing around with shaders is getting the source license, until an integrated shader solution is developed.

Yes indeed and that's completely understandable.
10-14-2015 10:49 PM
Tottel Offline

(10-14-2015 09:29 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  HWI is used automatically by the engine, no extra codes are needed.

I feared so. :x
I don't have any performance improvements, in fact it is slightly worse. I have a scene with lots of bushes 2-3 types that are set to grass, and lots of trees (4-6 types). All have alpha test and solid materials.

What should I do?
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2015 05:30 AM by Tottel.)
10-15-2015 05:30 AM
krokodilcapa Offline

I've got great results, the fps has been doubled on my test map with trees. (from 19 to 40, Im using my old laptop at work)
10-15-2015 07:05 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've just done some tests on my Sci-Fi benchmark.

FPS is slightly better with HWI (not much though), but CPU usage drops significantly with HW instancing enabled.

From 15% down to 10.9%, wow, that's a lot.

HW Instancing works by issuing less draw calls, which means less overhead on the CPU.
This doesn't itself increase the FPS, but may increase the FPS, if your scene was limited by the CPU.

For example if the CPU can't keep up with rendering, then FPS gets lower, but with HW instancing enabled, CPU has less work to do, and in that case you can get higher FPS.

So by getting similar amount of FPS, it must mean that the scene on your hardware configuration is not limited by the CPU, but by the GPU.
Even if you're getting similar FPS, you still have more CPU left for game logic.
10-15-2015 08:20 AM
Tottel Offline

Thanks Esenthel. smile I just thought it would increase FPS since I am drawing so many static models.
10-15-2015 09:08 AM
Ezequel Offline

What an amazing release! grin
Thanks for all your effort that went into this
10-15-2015 11:14 AM
rstralberg Offline

Thumbs up. Thanks a lot.
10-15-2015 02:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
krokodilcapa Offline

I've noticed only one problem: In DX10+ mode the animations not working since this update. The character is moved by the bone (for example in walking animation: up and down), but always in nonskinned pose. I'm using my old laptop right now, with some Intel HD Graphics 3000 (supports only directx 11.1 as I know). With DX9 its working okay. I hope its not an offtopic.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2015 06:57 PM by krokodilcapa.)
10-15-2015 06:56 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Did a quick test using the new version and my test level but the initial gains I though I was seeing in performance are probably just down to the fact that shadowing is disabled in the free version. Will wait for more feedback from licenced users of this version who can do a fair comparison.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2015 10:21 PM by Pixel Perfect.)
10-15-2015 07:07 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

@krokodilcapa:
Can you reproduce this issue in tutorials ("Animation" or "Game Basics")? Or in the Editor?
I've tried running them, also my game Dungeon Hero, but I don't have any issues like that.
Animations work fine.
10-15-2015 10:43 PM
Zervox Offline

Animations and World with character works fine for me.
10-16-2015 12:17 AM
krokodilcapa Offline

Yes, the first thing I did is to try the "Animations" and "Character" tutorial. I also reinstalled the engine, but its the same. There is lean too, with q and r keys, but no animations.
10-16-2015 05:30 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hm.. This could be a GPU Driver bug in your laptop. Could you try updating the drivers to a latest version?
10-16-2015 06:56 AM