About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Position of objects in Objmap
ronghester Offline

Position of objects in Objmap
Hi There,

I just purchased the binary license and struggling to understand how objects are handled in the objmap. I am coming from old EE 2.0 Game.ObjMemx background where order of objects created in the world were serially stored but to my surprise this new objmap does not respect the order of the object creation in the world.

Please let us know how we could replicate objmemx kind of behavior in binary license version?

Thanks
11-07-2016 07:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Position of objects in Objmap
Hi,
You should not rely on the order of creation, as with world streaming, objects can get dynamically loaded and unloaded to the disk.

ObjMap sorts objects by their Unique ID, which is more important.

If you want to have some sort of information about when object was created, I recommend creating a class member, either "UInt index" (working together with some global object index counter) or "DateTime date", or anything similar.
11-07-2016 11:03 PM
ronghester Offline

(11-07-2016 11:03 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  If you want to have some sort of information about when object was created, I recommend creating a class member, either "UInt index" (working together with some global object index counter) or "DateTime date", or anything similar.

Hmmm.. This means I will have to re-write most of the code written in EE-2.0. I am trying out a small offline desktop demo, i think i can stick to the old legacy version for now.

[Two other observation]
*In the binary version there is no way to open option window [I had to open the old version and see the hotkey for that option].

*That little "draw as image" option for buttons, was really handy. That option is missing in the binary version.
11-08-2016 05:38 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Which option window do you mean?

If you assign a Gui Skin to a button (drag and drop), that has no panel images for a Button, then it will stretch the Button's image to entire button rectangle.
11-09-2016 02:35 AM
ronghester Offline

(11-09-2016 02:35 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  Which option window do you mean?

The one which we setup the path and stuff..hotkey F9

One other thing what the equivalent of this in binary version.
Lerp(-0.70, -0.50, Time.time()*0.2);

I am getting compile error "10 overload have similar conversion".
11-09-2016 07:39 PM
Zervox Offline

cant remember if Time.time() was a float, if it is VS isnt able to to figure out that it should make all values floats instead of doubles. try adding f at the end so it says -0.70f and -0.50f
11-09-2016 07:55 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

The option window is available through "M\Editor Options"

Time.time is double,
and 0.7, 0.5, 0.2 in EE are floats.
11-09-2016 09:48 PM
ronghester Offline

(11-09-2016 09:48 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  The option window is available through "M\Editor Options"
Time.time is double,
and 0.7, 0.5, 0.2 in EE are floats.

Thanks Esenthel! I appreciate your support.

I remember there was a wiki before, If you could add a small tutorial for transition from EE 2.0 to binary or source, it would really help.
11-10-2016 05:02 AM