About Store Forum Documentation Contact

esenthel mmo package
REPTILE Offline

esenthel mmo package
If i buy the pre built mmo package will i be able to host my server from a windows pc for testing ? Like host server on windows pc and test the game on other devices? Also have you guys tested the pre built mmo package to see how many people can be online at one time?
11-24-2016 10:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dwight Offline

RE: esenthel mmo package
Hi,

The pre-built MMO game that Esenthel made includes a client and a server. You can run the server, but of course, you yourself have to portforward.

The amount of people that can be online at a time is not limited by the capabilities that Esenthel provides, but a combination of e.g your hardware, bandwidth, speed, etc.

Do take into account though that you have to be one hell of a programmer to get the job done.
11-24-2016 01:19 PM
REPTILE Offline

You have to be a awesome programmer to use the pre built mmo package or to make an mmo? Im looking to use this engine as a proof of concept. Basicaly to showoff my 3d models to people in a live setting. How hard would that be? Do i still need to know programming? I think the pre built mmo pack should allow me to do this? Hosting server from home and sending client download via email. So the most people that would be viewing-logged in at a time would be maybe say 6
11-24-2016 03:48 PM
TechWiz Offline

Hello,

1. Question: Ill need to know programming?
[Answer To Question 1: Yes, at least get very familiar with the basic of C++ and networking. ]

2. Question: I think the pre-built mmo package should allow me to do this?
[Answer To Question 2: Yes it absolutely can. ]

3. Question: Hosting server from home and sending client download via email?
[Answer To Question 3: Yes you can host it from your home server and you can send the client through email. ]
[ NOTE: As long as you know how to set up ports to open your home ip address to the public. ]

4. Question: So the most people that would be viewing-logged in at a time would be maybe say 6?
[Answer To Question 4: It definitely can handle 6, i believe it can handle tons more. ]

[TIP: Just study the package. ]
[NOTE: Network & Game coding is a complex thing so study hard. ]

Also remember if you're going to go for more then just showing off models in a small world then you better learn a lot before jumping right into it, its a lot more work then most people realize.

Sincerely TechWiz. grin
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2016 06:21 PM by TechWiz.)
11-24-2016 05:16 PM