About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Improvement on uploader tool
RedcrowProd Offline

Improvement on uploader tool
Hey,

so i am uploading via the EE tool to my remote server, every thing is fine and then ...

my problem is, if the script fail, it still delete itself, and impossible to rename the @new unless you delete and reupload every new folder. ( just uploading it again without deleting it will not recreate the @ new rename of the old things )

would it be possible to not go thru with the delete script if something went wrong. ( unable to rename folder for exemple )

thanks smile

( i keep forgetting to do a copy of it on my server when i use this tool, and then its gone :o )
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2017 03:16 AM by RedcrowProd.)
03-23-2017 12:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Improvement on uploader tool
Hi,

How often do you have this problem of files failing to be renamed?
I use the tool to upload the engine, and in the history of EE I never had a file rename problem. So I'm curious why is it happening to you.
03-23-2017 09:56 PM
RedcrowProd Offline

I use the uploader tool to sent those file in the www folder atm
This happens because the user i use to upload the files creates them as 644 permissions. I have to set it up to use 777 after so the name change can take place.
(Execute script permis.)

I believe this can be set up properly and wont cause an issue in the long run but doing my testing i ended up with this issue

It is not a EE related issue and every things works fine but it would be a little improvement in case of errors in the script generated by EE wink
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2017 12:27 AM by RedcrowProd.)
03-24-2017 12:22 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Is it really a permission based problem?

I've checked, and the files that Uploader generates have 644 permissions on my server (like you), and folders have 755 permissions, and all works OK.
03-25-2017 10:41 PM
RedcrowProd Offline

i have found a way to do, files doesnt need to have permission, only directories, so i just gonna take the main directory and gives permi + sub directories smile

I have now noted to do a copy in my guideline step to set it up so i hope next time i will rememberpfft
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 01:28 AM by RedcrowProd.)
03-29-2017 03:03 PM