About Store Forum Documentation Contact

The Fallen Online [screenshots]
Zach Offline

The Fallen Online [screenshots]
Hello,

I am working on building a sandbox MMORPG based off the Ineisis source. Hit a bit of a bump recently (of my own volition)that I have to troubleshoot, but anyhow; I've been making slow and steady progress. Presently working on the storyline and the look/feel of the game before I start working on the juicy features.

Brief description of the game:
"Play as a fallen god, banished from the heavens and stripped of all divine power. Your race has been exiled from the heavens, forced to live as mortals. Survive in this mortal world by fighting, building, and playing alongside fellow ‘Fallen.’ Hone your skills, learn new abilities, build a home, a village, or even cities filled with great wonders that others will behold forever. Play alongside other players to create towards a common vision, or vanquish your foes who would invade your land seeking to wreak havoc or steal your resources. The world is yours, create it.”

My ultimate vision for the game is a world dictated by the players, allowing them to build and modify anything, including buildings, terrain, and NPCs. However, traditional MMORPG aspects such as leveling, equipment, mobs, bosses, quests, and PvP will also be employed. Ineisis has provided me a perfect foundation for this.

Here is an early screenshot where I tinkered enough to code diablo-style health globes:
http://thefallen.online/wp-content/uploa...aGlobe.bmp
/\ While health globes might not be ideal for a first/third person 3D game, I will add an option to enable health globes on the action bar or health bars in upper left hand corner so the player can tailor it to their liking.

Here is the health globes and action bar drawn on the screen:
http://thefallen.online/wp-content/uploa...-02-48.png
/\ Nothing coded for the action bar yet, but there will be 2 spaces reserved only for actions like building and terraforming, and the rest of the spaces will be for ability hotkeys.

Will follow up soon with planned features.

Thanks for viewing!

edit: changed images to links to keep normal format of post
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 05:21 AM by Zach.)
04-05-2017 04:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: The Fallen Online [screenshots]
Good luck with the project Zach. You seem to have the vision and if matched with determination you should succeed. Look forward to seeing more progress in the future smile
04-05-2017 07:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zach Offline

Thank you for the kind words, Pixel Perfect.

Not too much visually, but extended the zoom out a bit and ported the MMO inventory system over.

(click to enlarge screenshots)
Inventory:
[Image: InventoryThumbnail.png]
Inventory equip:
[Image: SwordRightEquippedThumbnail.png]

Extended zoom out:
[Image: ExtendedZoomThumbnail.png]
04-09-2017 06:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zach Offline

Tinkering with the inventory...
(click image to zoom)

[Image: InventoryThumbnail-1.png]
04-10-2017 05:43 AM