About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Compiling warning?
SomeT Offline

RE: Compiling warning?
I am really trying to work with you here, but unfortunately due to my work I have to have the other version of visual studio installed on top of preview version, again because of my work I can't install visual studio in a virtual machine else I would do this instead.
I mean in sublime text you can configure build systems on what compiler to point to in esenthel I expect the same kind of thing. Thanks for the prompt responses and help.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017 11:09 PM by SomeT.)
11-14-2017 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,
I'm working on it right now, will try to provide a solution ASAP.
11-14-2017 11:27 PM
SomeT Offline

No worries, I am still learning Esenthel anyway, but I like to contribute so it helps others.
11-15-2017 12:10 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi,
I've just uploaded an update to the Binary version.
Could you restart the Editor to make sure it downloads the update, and try once it finishes?
11-15-2017 02:29 AM
SomeT Offline

After all this my visual studio just messed up, so I thought I may as well uninstall / wipe them both from my system then just install preview, I will let you know once I reinstall this and the update. Actually something is missing from preview I need so scrap that, installing them both again from scratch lol.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017 02:39 AM by SomeT.)
11-15-2017 02:31 AM
Houge Offline

I installed latest binary update, installed VS 2017 Preview, deleted old VS 2017 and still getting this:

Code:
Main.cpp
EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(SwSolveConstraints.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc140.pdb' was not found with 'EsenthelEngine64DX11.lib(SwSolveConstraints.obj)' or at 'C:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\Demo Server\vc140.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info [C:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\Demo Server\Project.vcxproj]
  Project.vcxproj -> C:\Esenthel\Projects\_Build_\Demo Server\Demo Server.exe

Though applications are built and run OK.
11-15-2017 03:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thank you, I'll fix that.
11-15-2017 04:08 AM
SomeT Offline

Ok, so I uninstalled visual studio community 2017 and visual studio community 2017 preview, I tried to install again and they never install properly, really struggling to uninstall them completely from my system, anyone have any suggestions? Unless I do a clean install of visual studio they will not work again...
11-15-2017 07:28 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

When I was uninstalling VS I went to add remove programs and additionally uninstalled everything related, Microsoft sdks, SQL, .Net frameworks, etc.
In my case I didn't have problems like you, everything uninstalled and installed ok.
11-15-2017 10:09 PM
SomeT Offline

How did you figure out though these in the uninstall control panel thing in windows 10? e.g. the sdks and such and how did you tell if they affected any other software? I have tried uninstalling using this: https://github.com/Microsoft/VisualStudioUninstaller and searching entire system and registry wiping anything to do with visual studio but usually I leave these, it might be a few days before I try again as I have now moved to doing my work on a mac as I now have a build up of issues with windows 10 in general (unrelated to this, drivers etc... have started working funny on graphics card and windows 10 in general due to latest updates) which means as I am writing this I am instlaling Esenthel on a mac, hopefully I have better luck because nothing hardly ever goes wrong on my mac lol. If you or anyone else has further visual studio uninstallation advice on windows 10 I would be happy to hear it.
11-15-2017 11:24 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

When it messaged about possibly affecting other software I've uninstalled it anyway, because I don't have much other programs, and knowing that I am going to install VS then it would install all required programs, so in my case, I just uninstalled everything I know could be VS related.
11-15-2017 11:43 PM
SomeT Offline

Ah, this is my issue I have to much software, unfortunately some of it is strictly licensed bespoke academic one time install kinda software so I have to wait until next year until I can reinstall windows else I loose the software :( on top of that I use so many different programming languages and types of software, makes my system stressfull I need to switch to a different OS lol. Thanks for the advice. Will try again this weekend.
11-15-2017 11:49 PM