About Store Forum Documentation Contact

What do you think about Esenthel?
Pancakes Offline

What do you think about Esenthel?
Hey guys just wondering what do you think about this game engine? And what other engines are you coming from and why are you here. I'm just curious. I'm not an admin or anything like that.

I just think I'm in love with this engine. Only I have to learn how to program C++ in order to use it. =p
01-30-2009 08:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrbdrm Offline

Re: What do you think about Esenthel?
hi
from an artist more than programer point of view this is really on top of the best , it even have some Features a $500,000 engine can't do .
i have used some of the india engines like :
-3dgs (very old gfx)
-Torque Game Engine (very old gfx)
-Leadwerks Engine 2 (ages to import your skined model probably and very limited bones number) .
-DX Studio (good & easy script system)
-ShiVa Engine (too many bugs)
-S2ENGINE (bad support)
-Lawmaker Engine (too many bugs & bad support)
-and more ...
Esenthel is cheap & more powerful ((maybe harder to deal with )) i may be wrong .

at least thats what i think wink

regards
01-31-2009 03:00 PM
afecelis Offline

I've also tried 3dgamestudio and torque. I've always wanted to try the s2engine, but I still haven't bought it. I tried leadwerks' demo and was impressed by it, though I understand it's still in beta and missing many features. I still use its 3dworldstudio creation tool to export levels to b3d. I've always used Irrlicht for my basic 3d needs (nothing advanced) for its multiple 3d format support, it's easy to use and implement and it has some nice graphic features but it's not a full game engine yet (audio, AI, physics, etc has to be added via external libraries). I feel very attracted to Esenthel because it has it all, state of the art graphics, complete game engine coverage, great 3d format support, a good set of tools to import-export and develop your stuff and exceptional-almost personalized tech support.

I'm seriously considering purchasing the indie license and try to learn as most as I can from it. It's really a great-pro-top notch 3d engine.

regards,
Alvaro
02-02-2009 01:11 AM
skumar Offline

I am a designer than a programmer...

my dream is to make a commercial architectural visualization app or service..

I first started with opengl :cry: and understood that i have to go a very long way...

i thought of studying wheel than reinventing it...

Landed on irrlicht...i was able to make my dream true in some months....

Now im improving my app with shaders and making it ready for a commercial launch

One month back i saw a post of afecelis in irrlicht forum about esenthel and got here..

:x WHY CANT SOMEBODY SAY ABOUT THIS EARLIER.....!!!!!!!!

Though i dont need any game stuffs ...i can make very interactive walkthroughs with it...

Everything is packed in esenthel...

Now i am waiting for some updates regarding floor reflections...without which i cant do an app.....

With esenthel i can concentrate more on the design ..than programming....

I think the developer will make me to buy his engine.....he has done some spell on it....
02-03-2009 07:13 PM
mrbdrm Offline

i said it before this engine is epic it only need some advertising
02-04-2009 11:04 AM
flim Offline

After playing with the tutorials, I am really impressed in Esenthel engine.

Over the years I purchased many sub-$1000 game engines, I don't understand why so many other commercial engines took so many years or even not start to implement some features (next gen effect, tools) found in this engine, some engines finally come with some effect, but the effect in this engine is still looks more beautiful.

The best thing is this engine comes with 100+ example files which demonstrate how engine functions work! No other engine offer such comprehensive WORKING examples.

Although it is free for non-commercial use, but I have feeling that I am stealing... grin
02-17-2009 10:13 AM
esmsi Offline

I have tried everything, Basic language ones, multilanguage ones (wrappers), C/C++ ones, C# ones, game authoring tools, all were for me in one way or another disappointing. This one seems promising. I hope improvements and adding feature to the engine won't bring its stability down. Please, keep stability First features next. smile
09-28-2009 05:46 AM
Sarora Offline

This engine is really good, alot of plusses, but also a few minusses (all have this).

Like source, i belive alot more engine source should be there for registered developers (not only the rich ones), it would allow a way bigger variaty of games to be created, this also include tools source(s).

This engine also has a few slowdowns, like with alot of actors and animations running on same screen, it would require quite a monster computer if you wish to have it run at "amazing" graphics quality, wich those 500k$ engines does without issue, this one still need some work on that.

However, this engine for the cost, the benefits, and quick fixes / adds to help us from the developer, makes it a superior choice for newcommers aswell as hardcore game coders.

Just a few of my views, didnt want to make a book out of it, so ill stop here smile

[Other engines ive used]

(removed for rules) may not mention other engines.

EDIT :
Once again also, i would like to say that the splitting of the forums (English / Polish) still to me is really annoying aswell (the biggest minus in my review), as its splitting a huge variaty of excellent resources and code samples ect.

If we split up the world in % of how many knows english, and how many knows polish, im sure anyone can see why.

EDIT : Removed against the rules text (mention of other engines).

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2009 10:47 PM by Sarora.)
10-06-2009 03:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dealman Offline

This Engine is great, although I don't know anything about programming. But on the other hand I've got a lot of experience in 3D Modeling. (At December, 2009 I'll have 6 years total).

I'm hoping to be able to get a good team to make a game using the Esenthel Engine before we decide to license it. I've already made a bunch of models.

Just can't be bothered to make an Concept of it yet. Got so many other things to do :(

However, all in all, the engine deserves a 10/10.
10-06-2009 11:19 PM
Xhizors Offline

From my experience, I think this engine is all I need.

Engine +
  • Easy to use.
  • Stability is good.
  • Well organized code.
  • Large documentation.
  • Continuously updates.
  • The engine is packed with many of the latest special effects.
  • Support for many model imports.
  • A lot of 3rd party tools, World Editor, Mesh Editor, GUI Editor, etc.
  • A lot of tutorials.
  • The best thing is that you can use the engine for free.[/list:u]

Engine -
    • - Management of actors must be optimized better.
    • - Splitting of the forums (English / Polish) is really bad.
    • - Low community member count but he does a good job and support all members.
    • - Performance/Speed, You need do many tricks if you want make more than 10 actors, with good speed in my opinion, that of course depends on your graphic card.[/list:u]

I have tried this engines before.
      • Torque. - rate. 6/10.
      • Leadwerks. - rate. 6/10.
      • DX Studio. - rate. 5/10.
      • ShiVa Engine. - rate. 5/10.[/list:u]

But this engine is much better in my opinion and perfect for my needs!

My rate. 9/10.
10-09-2009 12:41 PM
Barthap Offline

Xhizors Wrote:Splitting of the forums (English / Polish) is really bad.
I'm polish and for me it is very good :!:
10-09-2009 03:04 PM
Xhizors Offline

Barthap Wrote:
Xhizors Wrote:Splitting of the forums (English / Polish) is really bad.
I'm polish and for me it is very good :!:

I'm not good at English but I think the forum should have a language that everyone understands.

Cheers.
10-10-2009 07:57 PM
gamecreator Offline

RE: What do you think about Esenthel?
I'm brand new to Esenthel. I played with it for a few days this week and I am absolutely amazed by what it can do for free! I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Ślaziński VERY MUCH for putting so many hours/days/weeks/months(/years?) of hard work into this engine and then for sharing it with the public. Simply put: I'm grateful. While I have no need to purchase any of the other versions of the Engine, I may do it just so I can contribute something back to show my appreciation. As for my history...

I am a long time user of Allegro and now am using HGE, both of which are for 2D applications/games. HGE especially, is everything a 2d engine should be: simple, direct, documented and thorough. There is no frustration of any kind with it. If you know C, you can make 2D games with it. Period.

Regarding 3D, my favorite for a while was Irrlicht but I was increasingly frustrated with the poor support for Max (people were trying to figure out how to properly export from it when I was active with it) and its limited and dated features. I also gave Ogre a chance a few times but it is WAY more complicated than it needs to be. It needs tons of code that Esenthel can do in a few lines.

Finally, I found Esenthel on a forum I am a member of:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/..._id=539070
The video tutorials helped me get up and running fast. For example, I didn't know how to mix textures on the heightmap but it showed me how. The mesh viewer video is also super helpful. I haven't coded anything yet but running through almost all of the examples, I am already comfortable that it won't present any difficulties.

Once again: this is an incredible engine. All the ideas in my head that I didn't know how I would implement are now realistically possible. Thank you very much!
11-20-2009 08:50 PM
runewake2 Offline

RE: What do you think about Esenthel?
Graphically, it's amazing. I have not seen an engine that can produce the graphic quality and realism of the engine.

Coming from a user of Dark Basic and Game Maker 7. It is a lot more complex then either of those. Not that that is a bad thing. I enjoy a challenge and can't wait to see what Esenthel has hidden in it's deepest byte.
11-21-2009 01:05 AM