About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Common Joypad problem
Pherael Offline

Common Joypad problem
A lot of people have problem with run the game with joypad connected. I don't have single line in code that using joypad. I tested Xbox and playstations pads but they work fine for me.

But I remmeber some times ago had cheap USB controller that would crash my project when connected - it also crash esenthel editor if connected. At that time I was thinking that this cheap USB controller was just broken (debuging was showing it was crashing in vibration class, vibrations didn't working at all in that controller). I'm not sure if this two things are connected, still on our game steam forum dozens of people can't run game with controller conected. Game just won't launch.
03-05-2020 10:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Common Joypad problem
Are you using the latest version of the engine?
There was a one potential problem that was fixed a few releases ago.

Do you still have that USB controller?
The best way if you could connect it, run engine in debugger, and show me a screenshot of Visual Studio where it crashes.
03-06-2020 03:38 AM
Pherael Offline

RE: Common Joypad problem
Hi, I'm not using the newest version of engine, but the one from before PBR update. Maybe it's time to update.

Sadly, I dont have that usb controller, and with two others I currently possess, the issue not occurring.
03-06-2020 08:59 AM