About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Code Editor improvements
Harry Offline

Code Editor improvements
Hi,

Below are the improvements which would make Code Editor better in my personal opinion:

1. It is hard to click on the beginning of the row for instance when I want to select whole class as I want to move it into separate file. Usually when trying to do that I click on the scroll bar. Please see the screenshot attached.
2. Block editing. Typically IDEs or apps like Notepad++ allows to select and edit block of code when Alt + selection is performed.
3. Screen scroll when selecting line which exceeds visible screen space.
4. Triple-click to select whole line.
5. Ability to switch between different files using tabs.
6. When editing line at the bottom of the screen and autocomplete + functions prompt is shown I can't see the line I'm editing. Please see the second screenshot.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

03-12-2020 02:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RedcrowProd Offline

RE: Code Editor improvements
While we are there, one id like to see is opening multiple tab of the same type, as project get big switching from one code to another code tab can get Challenging pfft
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020 03:19 PM by RedcrowProd.)
03-12-2020 03:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

RE: Code Editor improvements
Yes this I what I meant in number 5. But of course it can be extended to the another types of objects.
03-12-2020 03:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply