About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Order in which game objects are loaded into the world
Outdoordoor Offline

Order in which game objects are loaded into the world
Is there a way to affect in which order object are loaded? I need the player character to be loaded in before other characters, but for some reason it is loaded in at the very end.
12-04-2023 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Argoon Offline

RE: Order in which game objects are loaded into the world
(12-04-2023 12:07 PM)Outdoordoor Wrote:  Is there a way to affect in which order object are loaded? I need the player character to be loaded in before other characters, but for some reason it is loaded in at the very end.

I don't use this engine, so I can't really help you but if I may, why do you really need to spawn the player before the rest of the world is ready? I know spawning the player last is very common in many other engines.
12-04-2023 05:08 PM
Outdoordoor Offline

(12-04-2023 05:08 PM)Argoon Wrote:  why do you really need to spawn the player before the rest of the world is ready?
I'm just testing enemy AI, and the way it works is that every enemy randomly attacks the player or one of player's followers (it is decided when the enemy is created). And since the player spawns later than enemies, they cannot select player as a target.

I know that this system can be easily changed to account for the player being spawned later than the enemies, but I just wanted to know if such option exists.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023 05:14 PM by Outdoordoor.)
12-04-2023 05:13 PM
Argoon Offline

ah ok I comprehend but I still wonder, if the world is still loading and not ready why that matters.
Like you said, just delay the target search for when the player is spawned in the world.
And to make sure everything is set and done, before the player is able to see and move around, freeze the player control, continue showing the loading screen and when things are done, unfade the view and release player control. Afaik that is how many games do it.
But believe me, if I really knew how to change the loading order in this engine, I would tell you, hope other users chime in.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023 07:42 PM by Argoon.)
12-04-2023 07:40 PM
Outdoordoor Offline

Yeah, it's one way to solve the problem, and there are also a couple more I could and will likely implement.
No problems, I'm not asking you for a solution, I'll just work around the problem. Just wanted to see if anyone knows if it's possible to change the loading order, could be useful for something for the future.
12-04-2023 07:48 PM
RedcrowProd Offline

IIRC loading is done per area then per type, you would need to change the world manager to dig deeper into it
12-04-2023 09:27 PM
Outdoordoor Offline

I see, thanks for clarifying
12-05-2023 12:52 PM