About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Inclined to terrain angle?
Xhizors Offline

Inclined to terrain angle?
How exactly should I proceed if I want to do so that my character is inclined to terrain angle?

Sample Image:

Attached File(s) Image(s)

10-24-2009 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: Inclined to terrain angle?
Oh wauw.. I don't really know, but I can guess a couple of things:

1. try to get the angle of the terrain and rotate your character a bit with the same angle. But that would be sloppy since he won't be standing upright.

2. Try to get the angle of the terrain, and based on that angle, you can know howmuch your one foot is above the terrain. I think you'll need more animations then for a few different heights.
10-24-2009 01:34 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

this is rather complex, youd need to manually transform leg matrixes, in the way as it is presented in "animation\*" tutorial where the skeleton rotates his head

I have this on my todo list and I'll add a tutorial about this in the future
10-24-2009 01:48 PM
Chosker Offline

I have yet to see a game that does this properly. It's no easy task as it usually needs something of the likes of inverse kinematics.
It's a feature I never expected but Esenthel, if you think you can add it it would be nice
10-24-2009 04:11 PM
Xhizors Offline

Okay thanks for your answers, I will try some more.

Thanks.
10-25-2009 01:18 AM
Sarora Offline

Actually, Cryengine 2 & 3 does this, and so does alot of other engines (but they all cost like a million dollars each lol).

If you had the money, you could probably use http://www.naturalmotion.com/euphoria.htm to do the same as it simulates real physics.

But thats the same as saying "ooh, if only the world was made a cheese and i where a mouse". smile

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2009 03:39 AM by Sarora.)
10-25-2009 03:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xhizors Offline

I do not need such advanced technology for this, all I want is for my character to follow with the gradients of terrain.
10-25-2009 05:39 PM