About Store Forum Documentation Contact

3D-Coat-texturing tool
Golandez Offline

3D-Coat-texturing tool
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&a...alNumber=2]
1) Voxel sculpting allows you sculpt without any topological constraints and make complex details from nothing! You can change topology as you wish. This approach gives you an absolute feeling of freedom in sculpting. It is not based on surface deformation but on volume building and filling. Feel like a true artist here, don't think about polygons and structure, just express yourself as an artist! 3D-Coat V3 supports NVIDIA's CUDA™ technology which considerably accelerates volumetric sculpting performance.
2) Per pixel painting – fast and precise painting approach. Allows layered color and displacement painting over low-poly and high poly-meshes without initial geometry distortion. With this method you can paint directly on your mesh to a texture map, this is ideal for low-poly game assets. You can import a normalmap to use as a guide.
3) Improved retopology tools. New cap tool allows you to fill holes and finish retopologisation of tales or ends of fingers with just one click!
4) Improved interface. We present new professional customizable interface. Layout is broken on several separate rooms. Each room has own hotkeys set and dockable panels. You can easily store your interface layouts.

5) Improved UV-mapping tools. You can move/rotate/scale individual uv-islands, automatically or manually pack them.

6) Possibility to render your scene with antialiasing, depth of field, ambient occlusion and soft shadows.

7) Customizable scene background – you can use gradient, picture, panorama as a background. Reference image can be attached to any axis.

http://www.3d-coat.com/index.html

Gallery
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2009 05:41 PM by Golandez.)
10-26-2009 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarrene Offline

RE: 3D-Coat-texturing tool
I currently have zbrush and have had a lot of fun with it. What is the difference (other then price)? It looks to be quite the same. I am curious as I will have more seats I would need to get for zbrush, but if this can do what zbrush does for less price, I might end up going with this.

peace,
Sarrene'
10-26-2009 08:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Golandez Offline

3d-coat costs 285$ on one place. Possibilities such as well as at zbrush. http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showforum=4
Excuse for my English
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2009 08:40 PM by Golandez.)
10-26-2009 08:38 PM
Sarrene Offline

<nods> I had looked already. Do you offer a corporate edition or multiple seats?

Peace,
Sarrene'
10-26-2009 08:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Golandez Offline

I offer nothing. I am not the developer of the given program. I only have given the information
10-26-2009 08:59 PM
Sarrene Offline

Aah okay. grin Well thank you very much for the information. It is a LOT cheaper then zBrush for sure lol.. i will have a look at it.

Peace,
Sarrene'
10-26-2009 11:13 PM