About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Windows 7
Sarrene Offline

Windows 7
I was wondering whom here had windows7 already or who plans on getting it any time soon?

I am currently running Vista ultimate 64, and was tempted to get Windows 7 ultimate.

Advantages, disadvantages? What do you think of the performance so far?
10-26-2009 08:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: Windows 7
I have the beta version. I like the layout, but after a couple of months it crashes and freezes just as much as vista did..

I'm going back to xp smile

P.s. Sorry for the short post, I'll add more when I get home. smile
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2009 08:49 PM by Tottel.)
10-26-2009 08:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I'm eager to check Windows 7, but the biggest disadvantage I've heard about it, is that it doesn't support "classic start menu"
10-26-2009 09:07 PM
Sarrene Offline

That is not much fun then. I always switch to the classic menu and Classic view of the Control Panel. Will have to see.

Anyone else? I would love to know how well it works for apps like Adobe and Autodesk programs.

Peace,
Sarrene'
10-26-2009 11:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mikesanimation Offline

(10-26-2009 08:13 PM)Sarrene Wrote:  I was wondering whom here had windows7 already or who plans on getting it any time soon?

I am currently running Vista ultimate 64, and was tempted to get Windows 7 ultimate.

Advantages, disadvantages? What do you think of the performance so far?

I have Windows 7 x86 (RC1) and I love it. I have had no problems, and it is easier for me to use than XP. In addition, all of the software that I've used seems to run fine.
I haven't personally used any Autodesk products, so I couldn't give you any feedback on how well they work on Win7, but I'm sure it's similar to how it works on Vista for you.
Another thing I noticed about Windows 7 is that it is a LOT faster than Vista. It boots faster, it plays games faster, it does everything faster.

Yeah, I would recommend it. I am definitely going to buy it.
10-27-2009 06:37 AM
McTomas Offline

For me windows 7 is the good version of Windows vista.
Vista was really bad, a lot of crashes, a lot of confirmations, really slow, a lot of incompatebilities, a lot of problems. Windows 7 fix all that, and also had a better aproach in the network and all the configurations.

If you don't like the vista UI you'll probably won't like windows 7 neither, is the same look (just small changes).

For me is really good, and only have the beta 7.1, can't wait to get the real deal.
10-27-2009 10:57 AM
Tottel Offline

Autodesk 3DsMax 2010 and adobe photoshop CS3 both work perfectly on my windows 7..
10-27-2009 04:38 PM
Sarrene Offline

I have done a lot of tweaking to vista (though I have ultimate 64 bit as well) so no crashes here for me at all since i first got it. However I did finally meet the Continual Update bug.. ARGH! that was frustating! hehe

But I would love to have things run faster. From what I hear windows7 is the perfected version of vista pfft. Okay, I think I will go ahead and plan to upgrade soon.

Hey now! 2010? bah! I still have 2009. Sadly, I got that just a month befor the release of 2010. And now no money to upgrade if i want to get everything else. So, how is it? same as 2009?

Peace,
Sarrene'
10-27-2009 08:50 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've just installed Windows 7, besides the new Task Bar its pretty much the same Vista for me (which I already liked very much), the big pain is that the classic start menu is gone. The good thing is that you can have many desktop wallpapers which automatically crossfade every 30 minutes.
Speed seems faster, but its normal after clean reinstall of OS, so more time is needed for performance evaluation.
11-06-2009 03:37 PM
katoun Offline

And Esenthel compiles and work perfect on Win7 rendering, sound, physics.. lol
11-06-2009 05:48 PM
sellyanes Offline

I was using the windows XP but I am using windows 7 right now. I am thinking about the dual operating systems. It will help me in doing work. Lots of software is not supporting the windows 7 for me. I need to install windows xp. I will install the windows XP within a week.
I like windows 7 and It is really good operating systems. It is better than previous all operating systems of Microsoft.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2009 08:02 AM by sellyanes.)
12-17-2009 08:02 AM