About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Problem with Mesh Editor Tool
Arcturus Offline

Problem with Mesh Editor Tool
Hello,
I am having a problem with mesh editor , which might be a bug or me doing something wrong smile
I can import a .dds file into mesh editor in the material mode and it takes about 5 seconds to import. I save the file as .mtrl and click the set button. The problem happens when I click import and select another .dds file, then my CPU util goes to 100% and stays there until I kill the mesh editor process. This happens everytime, the first file imports fine the second locks up the mesh editor. I am running the latest version as I ran the update tool. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Arcturus
11-11-2009 12:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rofar Offline

RE: Problem with Mesh Editor Tool
What you should be doing is drag the dds file into the material editor window (drop it on the sphere). This will convert it to a .gfx file. I'm not exactly sure what the import button does but I believe the proper way to import a texture is the way I described.
11-11-2009 12:50 AM
Arcturus Offline

RE: Problem with Mesh Editor Tool
Thanks I'll try that. Whats interesting is when you open mesh editor and import the .dds, the mesh editor process hogs 60-70% of cpu util and never releases it. I think when I import the second time it is bring the utilization to 100% and bogging down the CPU.

Update: I guess dragging the file into mesh in mode5 is the preferred method of importing .dds files. I have no CPU utilization issues any more. Thanks Rofar
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2009 01:17 AM by Arcturus.)
11-11-2009 01:06 AM