About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Few things
thecoder Offline

Few things
1) Does video playback support audio playing? I mean, if I will play a video that contains sound, will the sound be played as well? I'm asking because it looks like that video playback supports only video streaming, without audio.

2) In the roadmap we can read that you are planning to release a 64bit version of Esenthel Engine, you are just waiting for new PhysX 2.6.3 that supports 64bit to arrive. Acually PhysX 2.6.3 was released long ago, but now if anybody wants to download PhysX SDK he must register, but as far as I know it's fast and simple. This means that you could make 64bit engine version soon and this would be great. wink Ah, and PhysX Software that supports PhysX 2.6.3 SDK has been released recently as new official set straight from Nvidia (it can be downloaded from official Nvidia site). smile

3) I know that you never give any dates or ETAs, but could you tell when do you think DirectX 10/11 rendering will be added to the engine? I mean, is new DirectX important thing on your task list or just a feature that can be done much later?

Greetings. smile

P.S. Why FPS counter was removed from tutorials? ;D It's funny, but removing FPS counter won't increase engine's performance. wink And it was GREAT idea to slightly decrease bloom - now it's MUCH better, thank you! Now it looks seriously better.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2009 10:37 PM by thecoder.)
12-11-2009 10:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Few things
1) audio must be in separate file
2) 2.8.3 and not 2.6.3 (the public physx system software is still not available for 2.8.3)
3) few months

P.S. its still active but after pressing F1 key
12-11-2009 11:07 PM
thecoder Offline

Thanks for fast reply. smile

Sorry, I didn't noticed that FPS counter is still there after pressing F1, my bad. wink

As for PhysX, i have mistaken 2.6.3 with 2.8.3, sorry for that, but acually public PhysX System Software that supports PhysX SDK 2.8.3 is available:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.1112.html
It's available on Nvidia's official drivers site. Quote from changelog:
Quote:New runtimes for the PhysX SDK 2.8.3.
Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on GeForce via CUDA 2.0 for SDK versions 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.7.5, 2.8.0, 2.8.1 and 2.8.3 (requires graphics driver v177.81 or later).
It looks like that it's public, final version, if it's not then it will be surely final when next graphic drivers will be out.
12-11-2009 11:35 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

thank you for posting, I'll try enabling 64-bits soon
12-12-2009 01:00 AM