About Store Forum Documentation Contact

This is Whren
Demi Offline

This is Whren
This is Whren

Enjoy.

It was a fun experience to see how easy this went together today. (under 2 hours of work). I spent all day Saturday working with UDK and never got close.

This engine rocks. grin
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2010 02:14 AM by Demi.)
05-03-2010 02:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barthap Offline

RE: This is Whren
Very nice! smile
05-03-2010 07:03 AM
Dynad Offline

Looks good grin

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
05-03-2010 04:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Koniu Offline

Nice wink
05-03-2010 06:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demi Offline

Going to get a lot better once I process the new color map. smile
05-03-2010 07:24 PM
Sarrene Offline

That is really good! Great job! I am still trying to get my colourmaps to look right. Let me know how it works out for you.

I tested out UDK as well. Which was a bit better then T3d, and it did not compare to the ease or time saved as esenthel for sure. Only terrain editor I like better is l3dt, but again, that is a terrain editor not a game engine. So yah, the short of it, I agree with you 100%.

Once again, Great job! I like the video.
What did you record that with? I am going to start working on a few recordings as well once I get a bit more done. I have fraps, though not sure if that would be the best or not.

Peace,
Sarrene'
05-03-2010 08:49 PM
Demi Offline

First, UDK can't handle large terrain files like Esenthel so you have to cut it up into a zillion chunks and put it in piece by piece. (took me 10 hours to get 1/4 of the map into UDK and still did not have a colormap). Secondly the largest continuous piece of land you can use is 2048x2048 terrain without zoning. UDKs max world size for streaming is 512K square units (calculated out to 2048x2048 with 1 meter resolution or 10 square Kiliometer)

I use L3DT pro for making worlds. It can do 16 giga pixel worlds LOL. I have developed a couple and well they are WAY to big for any game. However, the one you are looking at in this video was done at 32768x32768 and exported to 4096x4096. I reimported it and made a X1 colormap. The new color map is X4 of the 32768 or X16 to the 4096. Will have some amazing color to show you in a couple days.

I used fraps and windows movie maker to make the vid. I need to get the pro license for fraps but it is on the back burner as I need to get a license for this engine and Netdog first.
05-03-2010 10:36 PM
Sarrene Offline

I am having some difficulty with my colourmaps (i have a rather large post already hehe) if you can give me any hints or tips, please let me know. I am going out of my mind. I think I have become lazy or lax in the last few years workign with other engines (professional not indie).

Yes, I just love l3dt as well, I also have a pro license. For UDK, I think I gave up at the second map creation. If you think UDK is bad, you aught to try out T3d from Garage Games. It is nice for small maps, but again, you have to include zoning/loading. Anything decent size for an mmorpg/rpg it is very limiting.

I have fraps, though I have not really used it that often at all. I will have to try that out. I will also check out the windows movie maker. Now, I do have one adobe program that can apparently does movies as well (or at least edits them). I wonder if something like that would work as well?

I cannot wait to see your new images. grin You have done great work so far!

Peace,
Sarrene'
05-03-2010 10:42 PM
Demi Offline

Point me to your post on texture problem. I will look at this and see if I can help.

I been using L3DT for 4 (maybe 5) years now. Learned a lot about it and done some really interesting stuff with it.
05-03-2010 10:50 PM
Sarrene Offline

http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=2070 is my current post.

I am just so used to being able to either use detailed images, monotone or b/w images and using the size/resolution. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong in here. I can get them to look great in l3dt.. but somewhere I must be messing up with EE. In the images I have there, I am using a detailed colourmap for my example.

Thanks! You are a doll for helping out.

Peace,
Sarrene'
05-03-2010 10:58 PM