About Store Forum Documentation Contact

World Editor/model editor
ZajferX Offline

World Editor/model editor
Hi

wohooo i finally find an engine i believe in and i can absolutly nothing about c++ but i want to learn so plz be patient with me and even if i ask dumb questions pfft

This post will be my question post ... i like to keep things simple so instead of spreading my questions all over the forum i can have a thred for them pfft

I just want to know a few things

in the World Editor i can make a basic world with some heightmapping and so on but i can't seem to figure out how i import an model like for example the human and or if i find or do my own models.
And i have gone through your wiki but to be honest it is not so much a reffrence point for n00bs as it is a techical overwiew of the engine and what it can do

so my first question is ... how do i import the human into my own "world"

if there is alternative ways pls let me know them too ..

Best Regards
Z
01-11-2011 08:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: World Editor/model editor
Hi,

you can check video tutorials on the main website tools page

you just need to insert object in Object mode (insert key), and set its parameters (like mesh, etc)
01-11-2011 08:09 PM
ZajferX Offline

(01-11-2011 08:09 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  Hi,

you can check video tutorials on the main website tools page

you just need to insert object in Object mode (insert key), and set its parameters (like mesh, etc)

tnx for the reply i now see that that question was one to many coz i don't even really know wich to do that is best

is it better to start a new project or should i do all editing and scripting in the SDK Data dir? ... i want to think that it is best to do my own project dir and link the editors to that dir instead of working in the SDK dir ... what you think ?

remember i am a n00b but i want to learn by doing pfft demo worlds and so on gives me nothing i guess coz all i can do is to make a demo grow but that might raise even more questions pfft
01-11-2011 08:24 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

for start I suggest using the SDK data folder smile
01-11-2011 08:29 PM
ZajferX Offline

(01-11-2011 08:29 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  for start I suggest using the SDK data folder smile

tnx grin then i'll start there grin

an other thing ... in the data folder there is the human model ... it is "finnished to import into any world" but the video tut shows .DEA -file then i wonder first of if i use a blender model .blend it MUST be converted into .DEA to work with EE right ? coz from the DEA format i can create the other formats that is in the human model folder like gfx mesh and so on .. right? pfft

i personally don't own my own copy of 3dsmax so i want to know how it all would work with 4 example blender or other free 3d modeling tools.
01-11-2011 08:38 PM
Tottel Offline

.DAE is a collada export format.

Blender can export to .DAE as well in the export menu (if not, google for a collada export plug-in, they are free to download).
Once you have that, I refer you to the video tutorials, you can just drag it in the mesh editor to see your model.
01-11-2011 10:48 PM
ZajferX Offline

(01-11-2011 10:48 PM)Tottel Wrote:  .DAE is a collada export format.

Blender can export to .DAE as well in the export menu (if not, google for a collada export plug-in, they are free to download).
Once you have that, I refer you to the video tutorials, you can just drag it in the mesh editor to see your model.

wohooo grin i have finally found a good base for me to work of ... i have a few models i'll play with ( many more to come ) and i have a basic structure in EE to build from grin so now the coming days i'll be posting a few screens on my progress with the engine grin
01-11-2011 11:20 PM
llynx Offline

I hope you're one of the few beginners who stick with learning here :]
We've seen many people who we've helped at the beginning only to see them disappear after a few weeks :\
01-12-2011 03:25 AM
ZajferX Offline

ohhh ok ok well i am dedicated so i'll stick around grin hehe
01-12-2011 09:18 AM
Dynad Offline

Because beginners who wants to make a MMO and made a terrain with some simple trees and disappear just like that makes me sick and a laugh... and thats why after some failures from a dozen of beginners we wait and see how it goes... and if beginners really trying hard to get somewhere i am glad i can help out smile

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
01-12-2011 09:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZajferX Offline

i am still around but not been working to much lately with my world :S .. will try to sort shit out so i can continue grin
01-24-2011 10:27 AM