About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Exporting
trixs Offline

Exporting
Hello,

At the moment I am considering various engines for the front end of a simple client and server project I am working on. The server is basically a proof of concept for a component based entity system. On to my question..

Is it possible to export the world editors static mesh to any format? Essentially I want to import the mesh to blender and export it as .bullet to use on for collisions on the server-side of my project.

If this is not possible can I import a mesh to be used as terrain and then texture it in the world editor? This route will allow me to generate a .bullet format for use in the server before use in the world editor.

EDIT: Another question. Is it possible to export the heightmap from the world editor. Essentially this would server the same purpose.

Thank You
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 05:28 PM by trixs.)
02-09-2011 05:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

RE: Exporting
I don't think so. I have never come across such a feature.
02-09-2011 08:20 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

server-side physics will be provided in one of future releases
02-10-2011 12:50 AM
trixs Offline

(02-10-2011 12:50 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  server-side physics will be provided in one of future releases

Good news however it requires the use of Esenthel on the server which is not always a great solution for a multitude of reasons.

Actually, will the semi support of bullet I wonder if it is possible to export using that library.. Interesting. Time to play.
02-10-2011 09:07 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

You can always extract the physical bodies from game and store them to anything you'd like.
access Game::Area::Data::mesh (or phys if available) and save to custom file.
02-10-2011 06:35 PM