About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Scripts for weapons and inventory
Manuu Offline

Scripts for weapons and inventory
Well, I have the script of the bloody massacre and visual basic 2008, now I know where the database engine, to add the scripts and working.
Or if not done so, like compile my editor, I await your response.
03-07-2011 07:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: Scripts for weapons and inventory
I'm .. not sure I understand what you exactly want. pfft

You have the source code from Bloody Massacre and Visual Basic installed (If so, you'll need to get the version that allows you to code in C++. If you're using the Express version (the free one), you have 1 specific for C++).

Now, what exactly do you mean with database engine? grin
03-07-2011 09:45 PM
Manuu Offline

(03-07-2011 09:45 PM)Tottel Wrote:  I'm .. not sure I understand what you exactly want. pfft

You have the source code from Bloody Massacre and Visual Basic installed (If so, you'll need to get the version that allows you to code in C++. If you're using the Express version (the free one), you have 1 specific for C++).

I want to know where to place the script of bloody massacre, to operate the weapons inventory, I have the Visual Basic 2008 with c + + and blody massacre, but not where to place the script to work on my map editor.
03-07-2011 10:10 PM
Dwight Offline

(03-07-2011 10:10 PM)Manuu Wrote:  
(03-07-2011 09:45 PM)Tottel Wrote:  I'm .. not sure I understand what you exactly want. pfft

I want to know where to place the script of bloody massacre, to operate the weapons inventory, I have the Visual Basic 2008 with c + + and blody massacre, but not where to place the script to work on my map editor.

I have to ask: how good do you know C++ ?

I would advice, if you are serious in building an RPG, that you would buy some books about "C++ for dummies". After you have read and studied around 20 chapters, you get the basic idea of what is actually going on in the source code.

Also, after you have done that, you know how to compile ("create your game"), and how to change / add things. In this step, you can compile all the tutorials that are given, and you understand what is going on smile

Hope I helped you a little bit in the right direction!

Regards,

Dwight

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
03-08-2011 06:31 AM
Manuu Offline

(03-08-2011 06:31 AM)Dwight Wrote:  
(03-07-2011 10:10 PM)Manuu Wrote:  

I have to ask: how good do you know C++ ?

I would advice, if you are serious in building an RPG, that you would buy some books about "C++ for dummies". After you have read and studied around 20 chapters, you get the basic idea of what is actually going on in the source code.

Also, after you have done that, you know how to compile ("create your game"), and how to change / add things. In this step, you can compile all the tutorials that are given, and you understand what is going on smile

Hope I helped you a little bit in the right direction!

Regards,

Dwight
Fuuu only thing I want to know where this database to add the scripts, it is so difficult? god ..

Since I have a computer with c + + but none know how to put the inventory!
03-08-2011 05:42 PM
Dynad Offline

You better learn C++ and learn to read the WIKI/tutorials before you're gonna demand stuff from us.. We are here just to help people who are willing to take some effort to look around and do some research on their own.. If you can't do that, i suggest you leave this community.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2011 05:54 PM by Dynad.)
03-08-2011 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

It's definitely more difficult than you think. The only person who has no idea what he's talking about is you.
03-08-2011 05:52 PM
Manuu Offline

(03-08-2011 05:51 PM)Dynad Wrote:  You better learn C++ and learn to read the WIKI/tutorials before you're gonna demand stuff from us.. We are here just to help people who are willing to take some effort to look around and do some research on their own.. If you can't do that you can better leave this community.

-.- if I'm ready, what happens is that if you do not Desis me where is the database to place the script, I'll never be able to do even if an expert in c + + and all that
03-08-2011 05:55 PM
Tottel Offline

I'm sorry to say, but you really don't get it. You don't simply copy/paste a block of code and it magically works.
And even if we tell you, you will have no idea what you just did.

http://www.cplusplus.com
03-08-2011 05:58 PM
Dynad Offline

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
03-08-2011 06:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manuu Offline

(03-08-2011 05:58 PM)Tottel Wrote:  I'm sorry to say, but you really don't get it. You don't simply copy/paste a block of code and it magically works.
And even if we tell you, you will have no idea what you just did.

http://www.cplusplus.com

ya se que no es solo copiar y pegar, pero necesito saber, que hacer porlomenos, decime que tengo que hacer y listo ._. , No me voy a aprender todo un libro de c++ para nada.
03-08-2011 06:07 PM
Tottel Offline

So.. You want us to help you implement that system, but you do not want to learn any C++ because that would be for nothing?

Just out of ciriousity: What will you do when we would help you now and then you want to put more stuff in later? Let us do everything for you?

Trust me. Go through that site, it's free. See if you like it. If not, don't assume it's super easy and anyone can do it for you.
03-08-2011 06:10 PM
Salival Offline

Whoho Manuu, wake up.
03-08-2011 07:45 PM
Dandruff Offline

For me, trying to make a game is not just about finishing said product. It's about the journey, what you come across and how you solve those problems. Go and learn c++ or any other programming language and then mess around with the engine, you'll have a great time smile
03-09-2011 02:10 AM
Dwight Offline

Creating a game with NO knowledge of programming won't work. At least no decent games.

First chapter of the cplusplus.com book is where you can find and how to compile the code.

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
03-09-2011 09:06 AM