About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Developer License Question
dragonfly3 Offline

Developer License Question
I purchased a personal license with plans of purchasing the company license later when my game is ready to be launched. I didn't want to spend the large sum of money for the company license and wind up with a failed project which never launched so I purchased the personal first and will upgrade to company when we know we have a complete game ready to launch. I have multiple people on my team now who also need a licensed copy. Do we need to buy a copy for each of them or does my license cover my whole project and all who are working with me? If we need to buy licenses for each person, Is the final company license price the difference between what we've paid for all copies of the personal license? How would this work?
03-16-2011 07:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: Developer License Question
To quote from the site:

License can be upgraded any time by paying the difference in prices.

License is "per-product" and not "per-seat", which means that unlimited number of people can work on your product.

pfft
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 07:23 PM by Tottel.)
03-16-2011 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dragonfly3 Offline

I saw that part, I just wasn't sure if it was meant for the personal license as well or just the company license and higher.

If I am allowed to share my license with my team members, how do I do so? They aren't able to access the developer section of the boards for the source codes and support (they haven't registered for the boards yet, we're trying to figure out what we need to do first). The license agreement says that the source code is not to be distributed to third parties. Are my team members considered third parties?

I want to be crystal clear with this so I don't violate anything.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 07:41 PM by dragonfly3.)
03-16-2011 07:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

Your team = your team they are not third parties, third party = you hire a freelancer or another group of people temporary hire.

the upgrade fee is for all license, eg if you have indie you only pay the difference between indie and company, and so on.

Also you cannot release source code of your company license tied source codes, you can release a tool but not the source code, if they want to buy the source code they need license = to the level of your code is based on,
eg programmable world editor modified source code requires the buyer to have company or higher license.
03-16-2011 07:50 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

so I have the personal license. My team programmers also need the programmer license in order to program for my game? I'm completely confused. :( What can I say, I was born a blonde
03-16-2011 08:46 PM
Dynad Offline

Your team only needs only 1 license...

if someone outside your team wants to buy a snippet or the source of a tool that was programmed by your team with a higher level license then free then he needs to buy the same level license first.

But if you release just the bins then its free for all wink

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
03-17-2011 11:53 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Yes, for your team, you need only 1 license. You can share the SDK with your team members.
03-17-2011 01:16 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

ok , it makes more sense now. Thank you smile

One more question. How does my team gain access to the licensed developer section of the boards so they are able to work with the sample codes & get support for them?
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2011 02:13 PM by dragonfly3.)
03-17-2011 02:12 PM
Dynad Offline

I think you need to pass that through your account...

At my team, i download the latest source from the EE board and upload it on our private website that is used by my team members.

Maybe you can do the same wink

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
03-17-2011 02:22 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

That's what I figured I could do, just wanted to make sure before I did it that it was allowed. But for my programmers, there is valuable info in the code support section that they can benefit from. Should I just forward their names to Esenthel so they can gain access to that board?
03-17-2011 02:33 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi, if that's an important issue then you can send me the usernames.
03-17-2011 02:49 PM
dragonfly3 Offline

Ok thank you! smile will do later in the day after I talk to them.
03-17-2011 02:54 PM