About Store Forum Documentation Contact

I just have to ask.
Sarora Offline

I just have to ask.
Firstly, let me say im sorry if you feel this steps on anyone's toes, i will try to make it as clean as possible.

If you feel its too much, feel free to delete this topic.

But, i simply got to ask why there is a english and a polish speaking board here, not because im against polish people at all, im not, i worked with quite a few as the came here to denmark to work (and they are hard workers, i can tell you that), and they all spoke fine english, wrote and read it fine too (and these men where iron workers ect).

I see alot of topics in the polish area, alot more then here, and talks, things about the zombie game (and much much more), and i can't understand a thing.

I feel left out and missing out on some possible awesome discussions about the engine, programming tips and other features, and i know for a fact the most polish people do know english.

Also, if i find a issue, it might be answered there already, but, as i said, i dont know polish.

I, myself at least, do not get the logic in this, am i wrong that most polish people do read and write english ?

I have seen no other commercial engine splitting up the userbase like this (even russian tho most of them refuse to learn english for reason im not going into), so they are usually english boards (beside some giving support in multiple languages in emails only though), so help me understand the complexity that requires such a move ?.

They can use the english and polish board, i can use the english, so i get half price on engine ? (ment as sarcastic joke, coudnt help myself smile )

PS : I know you dont owe me a reason, im merely curious why you are excluding "english" people from some of the engine discussions.
PPS : And as i said, its NOT ment as a insult against anyone, nor you Esenthel, you are doing a awesome job on the engine and i do mean that.

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
06-30-2009 09:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: I just have to ask.
Hi,

Well there is not much to say, not all Polish users know perfectly the english language, so I think that they appreciate the fact that they too can be on the forum (by using the Polish forum section).

If you could speak only Polish, but not English, wouldn't you prefer that there would be polish section of the forum?

There were a lot of cases where some folks from the Polish section have helped people in the English section smile So I don't think that's a problem.

And if I would remove the Polish section, alot of people would be disappointed.
06-30-2009 09:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarora Offline

Okay, thanks for the aswers.

Quick question tho (i saw this on another board for a engine i once looked at, was another question though).

"If they dont know english, how do they program, programming is in english".

Its just that i feel i miss out on alot of good topics and discussions, but enough with that, i respect your desision, and it doesnt change its a awesome engine and we are definiatly going with it for this project smile

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
06-30-2009 09:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

programming and speaking in english can be 2 different things smile
06-30-2009 09:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply