About Store Forum Documentation Contact

World Editor - Scale Bug
Henrik Offline

World Editor - Scale Bug
Using the World Editors function Scale I'm running into issues. When I change the Scale of an Object a lot, it turns out MUCH taller into my game, when I only change it a little bit, it turns out as it should.

Attached a screenshot to show what my issue is.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

02-06-2012 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: World Editor - Scale Bugg
I notice the same when scaling on only 1 axis, I believe this is done because of physx 2.x objects uniform scaling? which PhysX SDK 3 fixes this(whenever it is updated, it is also alot faster than old Physx currently in the engine as to being more supportive of multiple threads). only thing I found as a workaround was to change the size of the mesh in the model editor instead of world editor.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 09:44 AM by Zervox.)
02-06-2012 09:43 AM
Zervox Offline

comes with it
02-06-2012 03:13 PM
Henrik Offline

(02-06-2012 09:43 AM)Zervox Wrote:  I notice the same when scaling on only 1 axis, I believe this is done because of physx 2.x objects uniform scaling? which PhysX SDK 3 fixes this(whenever it is updated, it is also alot faster than old Physx currently in the engine as to being more supportive of multiple threads). only thing I found as a workaround was to change the size of the mesh in the model editor instead of world editor.

Thanks, will change them in the model editor instead of the world editor, and hopefully we'll see an update soon enough.
02-06-2012 04:27 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

you need to change the object into Embed into Terrain access, which enables non uniform scaling
02-11-2012 02:48 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: World Editor - Scale Bug
I didn't plan to, but if anyone is interested I can add this to the engine for 30$ in first priority for next SDK. PM me and I'll send PayPal link.
(this will not affect Ball, Capsule or Tube which can't support non-uniform scale due to the nature of the shapes)
09-11-2012 12:00 PM