About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Material Replace
EthanC Offline

Material Replace
I'm finding this pretty much essential since after creating like 12sqkm of area we finally have a lot of nice new original textures coming in and need to replace the "built in" ones from Esenthel that were already painted on terrain.
03-29-2012 08:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Material Replace
added to the roadmap
03-30-2012 02:04 AM
Demostenes Offline
Banned

(03-29-2012 08:24 PM)EthanC Wrote:  I'm finding this pretty much essential since after creating like 12sqkm of area we finally have a lot of nice new original textures coming in and need to replace the "built in" ones from Esenthel that were already painted on terrain.

Maybe I dont understand question, but you can easily replace texture in painted material. I am switching painted textures like this all the time.
04-02-2012 10:21 PM
Zervox Offline

That is for replacing the texture inside a material, what he wants is completely replace the material with a different type, making it so you don't have to drag load a texture each time but instead just select a new material for the selected part, also doing it the way you are doing it Demostenes might require alot of work if you have multiple world files using the same material, but later decide to change the materials on only some of them and not all.
04-02-2012 10:35 PM
EthanC Offline

No, what i mean is you have a large world painted with textures, a lot of them Esenthel's when you first start out, but once you start getting more and more of your own, obviously you want to replace his with yours on the terrain. So material replace would replace any painted area of (for example) "Just Add Bison" with one you specify like, "My Grass 1".
04-02-2012 11:43 PM