About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[Physics] Char sliding when trying to stop
laugan Offline

[Physics] Char sliding when trying to stop
This topic is a continuation of a THREAD, as the question comes under licence (not free source) i creaded this theme.

Summary:
When player moves to the dot (for example as in pathfind tutorial) after he reaches destination he slides a llitle. If we increase speed he slides a looot! and sometimes starts to roll (because he skips dest dot and he wants to return to it). There are some settings in PhysicsClass, as CONTROLLER_SLOPE_SLIDING_MODE, PHYS_MATERIAL with its friction, gravity, Actor damping, but all these settings DO NOT affect on the result.

video example can be found HERE.

Please, help me to find out what can i do in my situation!
05-21-2012 07:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: [Physics] Char sliding when trying to stop
Hello,

This is how Game::Chr class is programmed - after reaching destination it does not immediately set the velocity to zero, but gradually makes it smaller, I'm talking about Game::Chr::input_dir.
Best understanding of how it works you would have after seeing the Game::Chr sources.
05-21-2012 09:38 AM
laugan Offline

as i understand, these sources are not included into Indie Licence. So there is no alternative but to buy more expensive licence?
05-21-2012 10:12 AM
laugan Offline

OK then)) i wrote some code which i can call "dog-nail" or in russian "костыль" smile thanks for the advice about input_dir, it helped me smile
05-21-2012 11:14 AM