About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Char sliding when trying to stop
Houge Offline

Char sliding when trying to stop
Hi to all!

I understand, that this theme was discussed many times, but in all those topics there were no answer. When player moves to the dot (for example as in pathfind tutorial) after he reaches destination he slides a llitle. If we increase speed he slides a looot! and sometimes starts to roll (because he skips dest dot and he wants to return to it). There are some settings in PhysicsClass, as CONTROLLER_SLOPE_SLIDING_MODE, PHYS_MATERIAL with its friction, gravity, Actor damping, but all these settings DO NOT affect on the result.

Please, help me to prevent chars from sliding, i don't know what else to change(((
05-15-2012 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Char sliding when trying to stop
it's possible that it's caused not by friction/sliding but by the fact that Game::Chr gradually decreases moving velocity, for smooth accelerate/deaccelerate effect.
if you would attach a video it would be more helpful.
05-16-2012 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Houge Offline

if using pathfinding it kills gameplay smile
video can be downloaded from the LINK. As you can see, from 7s it's madness smile

and in addition, if Game::Chr gradually decreases moving velocity, can i make it permanent?
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2012 12:39 PM by Houge.)
05-16-2012 12:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Houge Offline

(05-17-2012 02:23 AM)aceio76 Wrote:  I had this problem too, especially with fast moving mobs. You definitely will need to modify or extend Game::Chr to tweak this. You will need a licensed version to gain access to it.

I have a personal license (with user Laugan), but can you tell me what i need to modify?
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 04:10 AM by Houge.)
05-17-2012 04:08 AM
Houge Offline

OK, but before that i'd like to listen Esenthel's opinion, he asked me to make video smile
05-18-2012 11:19 AM
laugan Offline

new topic was created in clients forum (as aceio76 adviced), i think this thread can be closed.
05-21-2012 07:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply