About Store Forum Documentation Contact

To pair of questions
mak-k Offline

To pair of questions
Good afternoon, quite recently started to work with a engine. Unfortunately earlier information on it didn't meet, though engine such were always interesting. I can tell that I was interested by its possibilities and left good impression examples. Unfortunately, couldn't find information on speed of work of a render anywhere (as in огре - but it purely a render without mentality of 800-2000 models with skeletal animation about 40 fps give an example on my configuration
at 1500000 poligons). And where I can find detailed documentation with the description of functions of your engine?
The editor not absolutely is suitable for my tasks, I think over the license, but it would be desirable to test in more detail possibilities not only in the editor.
Whether Russian-speaking localization on a site (the engine can enjoy wide popularity Russian-speaking community) will be added?.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 09:09 PM by mak-k.)
09-21-2012 09:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Skykill Offline

RE: To pair of questions
Hello, for me, the best documentation you can find isn't on the wiki, but in order of preference :
1 - In the C++ headers
2 - In the tutorials
3 - In the sources on the store (i don't realy have try the others but i think Ineisis Online is the most advanced in term of the knowledge you can have with the engine, since he have a playable client and server).
So, this mean you should know how to program smile.
And for the Russian localization, well... I don't need to ask but i know the reply : this isn't going to be added, first, since the only admin is the creator of the engine, Esenthel, but he isn't russian. This will split the community into two part, witch will be bad since the engine don't have a big community like others, but that doesn't mean the engine is bad, i won't be here else wink.
09-21-2012 10:08 PM
mak-k Offline

For Russian the home page (developers almost neighbors - I from Belarus) meant. I have no problems with understanding with ++ a code, it is very convenient as well as the editor of a code in delivery. But I am excited more by speed of processing of ranges and a network part as there was an interest and desire to make the small test project for an assessment of possibilities of a engine. But all this is meaningful at admissible quality - I like graphic possibilities shown on video, but it would be desirable to have чтото more concrete than video. Besides, speaking about documentation I meant need to work with functions directly passing the editor. As a game example in empty space * (space or conditionally abstract world with other laws of physics). As a rule the physics can be adjusted, but it would be very useful to know as where to look for, instead of to try to find out information, considering that in search of it not too much (first of all it is connected with quite small term from emergence of this engine).
I'm sorry for possible mistakes - for me English not native and as is paradoxical I it never learned except as when studying programming and game literature.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 10:52 PM by mak-k.)
09-21-2012 10:49 PM
Skykill Offline

If you want something "more concrete" you could loo at the tutorials in EsenthelEngineSDK\Tutorials\Source\Advanced\4 - Demos, Game Basics\Game Basics it have some "empty world" exemple with a character moving. For others questions, well i think you should wait a reply from Esenthel when he will have some free time.

In the editor you can make: world, gui, material, particles, mesh, destructible mesh (i probably forgot others thing, but you probably understand the point), everything else who is related to game mechanics should be made in C++.

I don't use the editor (right now), since i think like many others here the power of the engine is the core. Don't worry about english smile, i'm myself not english, just try to make what you write readable and understandable. And i think others will want to help you if we see you put some efforts on that. But yes knowing english is for me, essential for programming.
09-24-2012 02:39 AM
mak-k Offline

Yes I tried a code, bought for the Esenthel MMO test, tested different options and settings. Confused that that having loaded 2 characters and having created absolutely flat landscape, more initial approximately in 2 times, fps was from 30 to 50. Though as a whole everything was smooth till speed, but appreciable loss of speed. Therefore rated speed of a render is interesting - it is probably necessary to write for itself the test doing it, but unfortunately in examples the fps display and number of ranges isn't included. If I am mistaken correct. Besides, there are questions on Ineisis Online, but probably they are more correct for setting in other section connected with a network
09-25-2012 01:17 PM