About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Making custom minimap for World Map
dylantan Offline

Making custom minimap for World Map
I believed this question maybe asked before but I could not find the answer to an issue that we want to resolve.

What we want to do is to draw (hand painted) a simple minimap out (similar to the below) of the minimap. However we discover that the minimap produced by EE for some reason have multiple parts (which EE will combine them in the game). But this caused a major headache for us to combine them manually, then trace it (draw it), and cut them again so that EE could use them.

Question is how do we make 1 minimap out of EE instead of the multiple parts like what we having now so that we could draw them based on the minimap produce or is there other way we could do this? We really appreciate any advice, help or tips that you could give us. We been trying multiple ways with no success.

Thanks in advance
12-18-2012 09:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dylantan Offline

RE: Making custom minimap for World Map
bump... just wondering if anyone have tried this before?
12-19-2012 04:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

I think there's not much use for the minimap class at all, if you go that way. After all, it's main use is to combine those separate images.

If you somehow set the max world position in your code (can be easily retrieved from cursor position in the world editor) and the width and height of your image, you can rescale the player position to a position in that image. After that you could image::drawPart or perhaps drawMask to show only that part of the image at a position of your choice.

Regards,

yvan
12-22-2012 01:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dylantan Offline

Ah i see. We shall try this. Thanks again Yvanvds
12-23-2012 03:39 PM