About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Crash recovery
Rigs Offline

Crash recovery
Hi. I have been trailing the demo, working through the tutorials and made a few test projects. Getting along great, a bit more testing required before buying.
However, my pc crashed whilst I had the tutorials open and one of my test projects. I let windows recover on restart. Both tutorials and my project now only have the 'Esenthel Engine' in the project list, all code & data is missing.
What is the restore procedure? And is there recommended backup procedure?

Thanks in advance for advice. Rigs
03-24-2013 09:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Crash recovery
Hello Rigs,

If your computer crashes/reboots and writes invalid data to files on crash moment, then I recommend replacing your computer or its faulty parts.

The recommended backup procedure is just rar/zip/7z archive your Projects folder occasionally somewhere.

If you use Esenthel Editor + Esenthel Server app together, then you automatically get backup version on the server.
03-24-2013 02:43 PM
Rigs Offline

Ok thanks. For real project I would always backup, not so important for me right now. Got the tutorials back ok, cracking on smile
03-24-2013 02:58 PM
xzessmedia Offline

i had code errors by bad syncing over server!

Please add 2 things:
-project version revisioning
- possibility to export the project to zip, like the export function does as pak. so i can send my developers the project and share it.

Thanks

Royality Free Game Ressources
www.xzessmedia.de
03-24-2013 03:04 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've implemented safety mechanism (For next release) for saving project data, as unfortunately my pc is suffering from same problem. It can freeze up randomly, HDD light stays on all the time, and any written data to files is just corrupt (all zeros). Only holding power button for few seconds allows to reset the computer.
I've installed all driver updates, and firmware upgrades to my notebook, since then freezes occur lot more often grin but I've noticed that at least this time, after the upgrade, if I wait 30-60 seconds when the computer freezes, it gets unfreezed and goes back to normal. Still investigating the problem, but sooner or later I'll need to buy a new laptop.
04-10-2013 01:23 PM