About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Did older version of Esenthel have more tools?
Alderdale Offline

Did older version of Esenthel have more tools?
It seems 2.0 is missing some features from older version? I saw a youtube video that had a data browser view. An asset view with all models and assets in one view like a grid. Also a particle editor.

I cant seem to find these things in 2.0.
05-20-2013 02:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndrewBGS Offline

RE: Did older version of Esenthel have more tools?
Yes, EE 1.0 had some extra editors, for models, animations, particles and such. I figure they have been removed because people didn't use them, instead they did all those from modeling software like blender and such.

As for the data browser, you can just type the name of the entity you're looking for in the upper left corner of the screen and the engine will search for it.
05-20-2013 07:24 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Particle Editing was added long time ago (please check version history release notes).
Next 2.0 release will feature few samples about it (sample particle, sample world, etc.)

As for animation/model editing - currently please do that in programs like 3ds max/maya/blender, thank you.
05-20-2013 12:18 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

Oh. Guess I didn't look around enough to notice it. Just a little observation:
I played around with animations for a laugh... animate a slug to walk like a human... that was. But don't try this at home. When I re-applied the animation to the human, the poor guy was a very ugly mutant with long skinny arms, freaky fingers and a fallen jaw.
If you aren't stupid like I was that's no problem, but it would be nice if the engine wouldn't allow you to destroy animations just by testing them on wrong skeletons. Which I will certainly do once I make my own chars and animations.
05-20-2013 12:58 PM
Shatterstar Offline

Will 2.0 eventually have an animation editor...and model editing like 1.0? I hope so. When I bought the license, i was under the impression that these things would eventually be included. If they are not ever going to be included, please keep 1.0 world files importable into 2.0 I think your animation editor is so brilliant, I almost refuse to do it any other way. smile
05-21-2013 03:51 AM