About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Item pick up / drop
Kiekos Offline

Item pick up / drop
Hey there!

After the latest update it doesn't seem like I can get inventory functionality working. The previous way it was done (as it's in the tutorials) is not working now:

Code:
itemPickUp();
itemDropDown();

I know about the name changes:

Code:
virtual Game::Obj::pickedUp -> willBeMovedFromWorldToStorage, wasMovedFromWorldToStorage
virtual Game::Obj::droppedDown -> willBeMovedFromStorageToWorld, wasMovedFromStorageToWorld

Even though... nothing seems to do the trick as it did before.

How to set it up properly now?

Thanks,
Kiekos
05-25-2013 12:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Item pick up / drop
Hello!

Did you check the updated tutorials?
05-25-2013 12:15 PM
Kiekos Offline

None of the tutorials changed for me...

EDIT: I just ran the AutoUpdate again and the tutorials have changed! I'm checking them right now.

And eventually, I managed to get it working. However there's a problem with dropping the item. Sometimes it tends to drop in the exact same spot it was picked up from, not next to the character...
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013 01:39 PM by Kiekos.)
05-25-2013 12:16 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

The new tutorials update in the Esenthel 2.0/Projects folder.
If your default projects folder is another one, like in my case E:/Projects, you won't see them updated; you have to manually copy-paste the new tutorials folder in your project folder.

On this topic, the update feature could be improved a bit. what i hate is that it deletes all the extra files (like brushes and licence notepad) in the Esenthel 2.0 folder.
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013 03:59 PM by AndrewBGS.)
05-25-2013 03:58 PM
Kiekos Offline

Everything updated fine after second attempt, idk why it didn't at first. The only problem now is the one I mentioned before: if I don't put an item on my character before dropping it, it just falls down at the exact same spot it was picked up from, even if I'm at the other end of map.
05-26-2013 11:49 AM