About Store Forum Documentation Contact

importing 1.0 projects into 2.0 (Solved)
Shatterstar Offline

importing 1.0 projects into 2.0 (Solved)
I have built a massive game level with well over 100 game pieces. When I bought Esenthel 2.0, I was under the impression that our projects would be easy to import. they are not. I imported the project and not a single material shows up on the mesh in the model editor. I no longer have any of the .jpg, .png files that made these Esenthel materials. Because I do not have them, I can not set it back up in 2.0. But even if I did have the textures, it would take me many, many days, possibly over a month to set that back up. What am I supposed to do? Why aren't these Esenthel materials showing up? And why are they no longer assigned to these models? Greg, please feel sorry for me, and give me a solution. Inside the picture is 1.0 and 2.0 beside each other. On the right side is the model fully set up inside 1.0, and on the left is the model after Import into 2.0 Please Please Please help me? give me a solution? give me advice? A switch to 1.0 license maybe? just give me something. My project is already massive. A lot more massive than what I give away in my showcases. I really need some help.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2013 05:10 PM by Shatterstar.)
06-07-2013 05:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: importing 1.0 project into 2.0 PROBLEMS!
Hello,

Are you importing the project using the "Import" button on the "Project List" stage?

If yes and it's still not working, can you send me a few sample mesh files (.mesh), material files (.mtrl) + their textures (.gfx), archived in 7z format, however - in a hierarchy preserving the original structure, example:
"data/obj/plant/tree/0.mesh"
"data/obj/plant/tree/0.mtrl"
"data/obj/plant/tree/0.gfx"
"data/obj/plant/tree/0.n.gfx"
(I need the original folder structure)

Thanks!
06-10-2013 12:15 PM
Shatterstar Offline

RE: importing 1.0 project into 2.0 PROBLEMS!
Ok...I fixed the problem. I had to use the .gfx files to import. I Solved that issue. However, I do have to reset up all of my textures back onto my models one by one. so I hope an Esenthel 3.0 doesn't come out any time soon. smile I have one more problem, but someone else will probably answer it before you do. I can't figure out how to manually insert land without using a heightmap. It used to me the insert key to insert land and delete key to delete. What is it now? Also thank you for your help. When I noticed that you wanted me to send you .gfx files included in the zip, that gave me the hint that I needed. Thanks again Gregor. You have great customer service.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2013 05:08 PM by Shatterstar.)
06-14-2013 07:06 AM
shadow Offline

RE: importing 1.0 projects into 2.0 (Solved)
Did you check some of the video tutorials on Esenthel's youtube channel?
On top of the World Editor mode screen, once you activate the "Terrain/Heightmap" tab, you have something like "add/remove" just enable it, and you can use LMB/RMB clicks to insert/remove the terrain.
06-17-2013 05:20 PM
Shatterstar Offline

RE: importing 1.0 projects into 2.0 (Solved)
Yeah..I found it. 2.0 is a lot different than 1.0. but I'll eventually get the hang of it.
06-17-2013 05:44 PM