About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel Store open to everyone
Zervox Offline

RE: Esenthel Store open to everyone
Not negative, but from experience when legal agreements are done I am very cautious and as with all agreements the clauses is added together and can be loopholed between, I hope you see what I mean by quoting multiple clauses together.

It's the loopholes which are really worrisome. From any person who set out to sell products or a company selling products you don't want loopholes to be abused.

Since I have to follow my country's laws, because of how for example 14. and 2. works together and I decide to not support a person who used a glitch causing the product to be free instead of its original price to get the product I would get neck deep in legal issues.
11-12-2013 10:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Big Congratulations to Tottel for submitting the very first item since opening Esenthel Store to everyone! smile
That was quick!
You can see his creation over here http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store&item=50
11-12-2013 10:44 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

For those that are unfamiliar with Esenthel Editor, I've prepared a noob-friendly tutorial on how to upload items to the store over here - http://youtu.be/YhyJh1P4MO8
11-13-2013 03:45 AM
Rubeus Offline

I agree that there should be a method for updating code in the store. What if Tottel found a bug in his code? I would like to see the option to upload updates, and for buyers to download all preceding versions of the pack-much the same way you have the options to download the different versions of EE 2.0.
11-13-2013 05:42 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi! EE Store does support updating your items and files! smile
11-13-2013 06:08 AM
AndrewBGS Offline

I agree with Zervox, the terms do allow for several loopholes.
However, for me this is about TRUST. I get what mr. Esenthel is trying to do, and although he might be able to take advantage of this I kinda trust a total stranger I never met that he won't. Might have something to do with me sending him a lot of money on paypal for absolutely nothing and just trusting him to send me the licence afterwards... grin Which he did. So I trust him. I might regret it at some point, but for now he has my full support.

By the way, really great job! The shop is awesome, and I can't wait to have something to put up there; or try tottel's code, which seems very useful.

One question: to sell something there, should I have any marketing-finanical or whatsoever licencing, or just owning what I sell is enough?
11-13-2013 09:23 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(11-13-2013 09:23 AM)AndrewBGS Wrote:  One question: to sell something there, should I have any marketing-finanical or whatsoever licencing, or just owning what I sell is enough?
You just need to have copyrights to the items that you submit - if you create something then you can just submit it. If you want to submit items made by someone else, you would need to contact the owner of that item and ask for permission to sale that item (make a contract to obtain the rights for sale). If you're the creator of an item, then there's no problem, you don't need to do anything at all.
As long as your creations are not based on copyrighted property - for example you can't make a batman character model and sell it, because the batman is copyrighted.

Oh and thanks for the warm words on support smile
11-13-2013 09:51 AM
candam Offline

I find the terms are really right and good just look at the bright side
nothing is 100% perfect so Greg must guarantee that nobody is going to sue him if something unlikely to happen and that will not be but it's just a disclaimer smile
don't you forget Greg sell his valuable engine in the store too

he is doing his best

smile
Thanks for your support
11-13-2013 01:03 PM
Dwight Offline

Don't forget that the point-in-time is overruled here by specifically stating that Terms and Conditions might change from time to time (it would be better to rephrase this sentence along the lines of "with or without any written or digital, not limited to email, notifications beforehand").

It's extremely difficult to establish that if Esenthel wishes to implement the feature Tottel is selling into the engine, the idea originated from there. Some things with regards to this cannot be legally protected to be copied.

For the sake of simplicity, it's good; and we all know that we are reasonable women and men around here. And don't forget: Esenthel can ban or restrict your use of the engine without any prior warning as well, and ungrounded, as soon as something happens smile

We are all reasonable here, so this simplicity actually has some advantages to it.

[If Esenthel Engine is registered in the States, aceio is right]
11-13-2013 07:19 PM
Dwight Offline

And taxes smile

Retrieving money from services requires a special paypal account as well. I am unsure if people here have this account.

But I will contribute in due time to the store anyways to see how it goes! Maybe something UI related.
11-13-2013 09:23 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi Everyone!
Thanks for the comments smile

I've clarified following points:
Quote:12. You give permission to Esenthel Store owners to use the items (for making promotional images/videos/demos of the Esenthel Engine, including commercial games) as if they would've bought the item themselves according to the item's Terms of Use
I can make promotional demos/videos/games including your content. No, this doesn't mean that I can resell your own items, it is as if I'm your customer and need to respect your License/Terms of Use of the Item, except that I can use it for free.
Btw. You can't make an Intellectual Property out of event system, anyone can make it, Tottel has made one, Scarlet Thread has made one, I can make one, and you can make one. What matters here is that me and any other customer purchasing your source code, cannot violate the Esenthel Store terms of use, including:
• Any purchased items and its license key may not be shared/distributed/sold, in full or in part, publicly or to any third party
So to make this simple, if you're submitting a source code package to Esenthel Store, it doesn't mean that I can no longer develop a similar feature into the engine, it only means that if one day I'd like to develop something similar, I will not use your source code.

I've clarified this point as well:
Quote:13. These terms may change from time to time, failure to accept the new changes will result in your items being no longer available for sale to new customers (old customers can still access their purchased items according to the old terms)
If I make some adjustments, they will be small and reasonable. If I there would be any bigger changes (most probably there won't be) then people have the option to opt-out and no longer sell their items.

And I've added this point:
Quote:15. Items are by default sold to Users with the Terms specified below, if you wish however to specify your own Terms of Use for the items that you submit, you need to include them in the Item Description visible on the Item Page in Esenthel Store, so the users can read the Terms before they make the purchase.
For example do not specify custom Terms of Use that are only available inside the Item Download File that users see only after they make the purchase.

Default Terms of Use for other people buying your own items:
Quote:• All purchased items are non-refundable
• Any purchased items and its license key may not be shared/distributed/sold, in full or in part, publicly or to any third party
• Items can be distributed as part of an application provided that they're encrypted and not normally accessible (for example you can buy a "3D model" item, and include it in your "game" application, however you need to keep the item file encrypted so only your game can access it, but other people can't)
• If Esenthel Store or its items become unavailable, temporarily or permanently, you're not entitled to any refund of any kind (please keep a backup of the files)
• You can use the items worldwide without any additional fees or royalties
• You can use the items for making as many products (games/videos/images/..) as you wish

These terms are available to Users once they attempt to login on Esenthel Store website, I'll try to make them visible in the Esenthel Store inside the Editor.

And also:
checkout the 3d asset submitted by Lluc - http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store&item=56 smile
11-13-2013 09:43 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Hi Esenthel,

This is very exciting. Thanks for adding this to the engine it looks really good addition. Love how I can access the store from in the editor.

The Terms & Conditions don't concern me too much. They seem fair and appropriate.

I look forward to adding some of my code to the store. I've got code coming out of my ears and it will be good to finish something in the interim without having to have to complete a full game. This will keep me motivated to keep coding on this long arduous journey of creating games.
11-14-2013 03:54 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Great! Thank you! smile
11-14-2013 04:48 AM
Palaxe Offline

So I would like to put in a request. I'm looking for a Mega Spawner.
This would be something I would buy from the store in a heart beat.
It would be great to have a system where...
You place the spawner on your map.
Click it and an option window appears.
Name of npc,
type (golem example ),
Attributes,
Model,
Movement range,
special scripts it would run.
Size,
how long until the next spawn.
how many to spawn.
Despawn.
Way Points.
Items ( so say I spawn a chest i could load in items ).
Special effects.

-then to have an option to save the spawn. So if you placed a new spawner you could reload a earlier spawn or create a new one.
for example I saved a golem then I place a new spawner down and I can choose from a list the Golem after I place it i change the size , str. health then I could save it as Golem 2 or whatever.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I also would love to see system like combat and leveling and stuff.
This would make it so much better for more NOOOB!!! Indie game makers to develop more.

I really think Esenthel's will grow with this store deal smile[/u]
11-14-2013 10:23 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

Damn I'm so frustrated I'm so busy with university and work. I could easily do that in 3 days tops; I already have some basics for that.

If I may however, this... I'm not sure this is good for the community. I mean normally this is something we could do for each other for free. Or at least help each other with it. Now instead of just helping a person in need with info or code we are tempted to make a script and sell it instead.
I'm an idealist. I hope this won't make the community greedy and selfish grin (that said, PM me about that request and I'll tell you how it's done for free. I don't have it done yet, but I played with something similar to that and it worked nicely)

On the other hand.... since we're posting requests here, this is what I would pay for from my tiny part time job money:

A complete working PLAYER class. What esenthel provides is nice, BUT it lacks a lot of basics things like:
- fall damage
- swimming (on surface and underwater)
- smooth customizable animation container for character (let us easily add an use animations for things like hits, jumps, idle, swim, etc)
- removing glitches (such as when running up a ramp and then jump like a nascar car high in the sky with your character)

I do have my improvised solutions for all of these, but this is something I'd like to be done by a pro, because it's the part of the game that will be executed 95% of the time and it's very important to be done properly and efficiently.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013 10:10 AM by AndrewBGS.)
11-15-2013 10:05 AM