About Store Forum Documentation Contact

[android] Material seems to crash application
AndrewBGS Offline

[android] Material seems to crash application
I'm trying to adapt one of my projects t work on Android;
Everything looks well, but when I play the application on android, it crashes with a simple error in log "can not load image Tex/....."

I've traced this issue to the loading of a particular material (some grass).

I re-created the material using a local image, but that material still crashes it. Needless to say, the build generates no errors, and the engine doesn't display any warnings. And for windows, everything works well.

Any idea what might be wrong? Everything looks normal.
02-04-2014 05:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cat555 Offline

RE: [android] Material seems to crash application
Hi,

I've noticed the same behavior (and error), when using large texture files. Cannot say to you any limit, but for example, i've tested today a texture file with about 4000x3000 (~5MB), and the result was the same... so i'm using much smaller texture files... don't know if the issue is the same as yours, but try to change that texture you're using to a smaller version.

Regards,
02-04-2014 11:10 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Some platforms have limitations to texture sizes which you can verify using D.maxTexSize
02-05-2014 08:58 PM
cat555 Offline

Good to know Esenthel, thanks!
02-05-2014 11:12 PM
AndrewBGS Offline

I'll have to check. Although I did resize it to some 256x256 size and my grass texture still seems to crash it. Or maybe it's the alpha value or something; I think I have to re-create all materials from the pictures and then try again...

(I just copied the project file from the laptop with the resources to my PC, and the resources are no longer here; I'm guessing this might be an issue? I'll try soon, for now I have an exam to study for.)
02-06-2014 07:24 AM