About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Poll: Would you like to see a user gallery
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Gallery with ratings
monotonic Offline

Gallery with ratings
Hi All,

I'm new to Esenthel and have been lurking around the forums trying to get a better understanding of the engine and any gotcha's that I might fall for. Along my journey I've noticed some really, really nice looking screenshots and videos in the Showcase forum.

I was thinking it would really help if the Esenthel web site had a user gallery where people could upload renders and videos for people to view and rate. Whenever I have looked for a new engine in the past the first thing I look at is it's feature list to see if it supports what I want, then I look at their galleries to see what other people have managed to get out of the engine. I think that this would be a great marketing piece based on the quality of work I have seen, plus it would be good for the community to be able to get feedback on their work. I know you can do this in the showcase forum, but a gallery would be more accessible.

Then you could even have a carousel on the home page that scrolls through a random selection of the top rated renders.

Just a thought, but I think it would be very useful for users and Esenthel on the whole.
08-29-2014 04:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: Gallery with ratings
08-29-2014 06:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
para Offline

RE: Gallery with ratings
I agree with all of your points.

I've been lurking around the showcase forums for over a year now, wanted to start a thread for one of my projects many times now. Never went through with it, either I'm too lazy or change my mind midway due to a sudden feeling of inadequacy and/or "stage" fright..

Posting a screenshot to a gallery would be much less intimidating/hassle for me. Also I like to browse galleries to see what other people are up to and it's good for inspiration and motivation.
08-29-2014 06:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply