About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Modeling software
zeph2 Offline

Modeling software
I haven't made any models since I mucked around with A7, and Torque 3d... Things have changed some since then over time..

I was curious as to whats the best preferably free and or paid software one can use to make models compliant with EE... Preferably DAE, Obj, or FBX.. I have some old Mdl's would be nice if I can convert them as well..

Just really curious what most of You all are using?
10-26-2014 10:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: Modeling software
If you're looking for free software (Because the paid software is super expensive), I can very much recommend Blender (http://www.blender.org). It's the absolute best open-source software that I know.
10-26-2014 10:54 PM
compulsive compiler Offline

zeph you used GS ? , GS is pretty much kinda dead at
this point I am also a user , wink wink.

and ,what he said ^
10-27-2014 09:29 AM
zeph2 Offline

Yes I did... Yea it is pretty dead...
11-06-2014 05:00 PM
georgatos7 Offline

I agree with Tottel.

Blender is awesome and has built-in functionality for almost anything from modeling, sculpting, rigging, animating, uv unwrapping, video making and even game creation.

Nothing beats having the ability to do this from a single software without having to jump back and forth between many programs. Don't know if there is another free software else that can even compare to that.

Only downside is that you'll have to familiarize yourself with the UI but if you do then it won't be an issue.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 05:25 PM by georgatos7.)
11-06-2014 05:24 PM
zeph2 Offline

I appreciate the reply.. Ive tried using blender before, but I never really felt comfortable with the UI.. So I always did My best to stay away from it.. I have no problem taking the time to get acquainted with it, and Im sure its changed over the years.. If thats the best one available for EE, then thats what I will use.. Thanks smile
11-16-2014 06:17 AM