About Store Forum Documentation Contact

MakeHuman and Blender skel
Pherael Offline

MakeHuman and Blender skel
Hello,
Is anybody using MakeHuman and Blender? No matter what I try it's look like this in Esenthel:

Could someone help me explain how to fix it (but please, consider me as an idiot).
02-03-2015 10:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: MakeHuman and Blender skel
It looks like the bone orientation is wrong however from past experience the bone linkages are probably fine and chances are any animations you applied would work. You probably just need to adjust the orientation in blender (I'm not a blender user so can't provide guidance on doing this but worth checking). Otherwise it could be an export issue.

There was a previous post similar to this: Bones are not aligned using b3d
02-03-2015 12:35 PM
Pherael Offline

Thank you Pixel smile
Maybe I will find some useful information in that link.

Yes, I also think the orientation is wrong, but I don't know how to fix it with Blender. Animations also work without problem, but I need correct bones for colision detection in my battle system.

I hope some Blender user could help me, that why I post this in this section.
02-03-2015 12:51 PM
Pherael Offline

Yes! I finally did it grin

After trying like everything, 20 different tutorials about orientation in blender, changing coordination from left handed to right handed, rotating armature, trying to export to fbx, dae, x with different option and nothing I found how do it.

In fbx exporter I change to older version (from binary 7.4 to ASCII 6.1) and it worked! Why?! I don't know since it doesn't make any sense to me. But well, it's works!
02-03-2015 03:36 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Great news grin

By the way, nothing about the way different vendors implement model file format support surprises me any more ... it's a nightmare most of the time with little consistency. Wastes a lot of time till each of us establish a known working pipeline.

There is lot of complexity involved though and some standards leave themselves more open to different interpretation/implementation than others.
02-03-2015 06:23 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I'm guessing that blender's newer implementation of FBX exporter is just not as good as its older one.
I remember I had a similar situation when the older version worked fine, but newer had some issues. If I had known that's related to your problem I would have suggested doing that earlier smile
02-03-2015 11:47 PM
Otolone Offline

After loading your object in EE. Click on " Bones " and click on the drop down menu next to " Set Parent ". Click on " Adjust Bone Orientations".Click on "Adjust".Problem solved.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018 12:48 PM by Otolone.)
02-21-2018 12:46 PM