About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Can You Import Visual Studio Projects Into the Esenthel Editor?
Kartari Offline

Can You Import Visual Studio Projects Into the Esenthel Editor?
Hi there,

Me and a friend have been exploring Esenthel recently to develop some games. We were so impressed, we took the plunge and subscribed at the source code level so we could delve more deeply into how the engine works under the hood. One reason for this is because we're seriously leaning towards developing in regular C++ with Visual Studio rather than within the Esenthel Editor.

My question is, while I see how to export an Esenthel Editor project into a Visual Studio project, I was wondering if the reverse is also possible? That is, can I import a Visual Studio project into the Esenthel Editor? I ask because I hesitate to lose out on certain handy features of the Editor, most notably its ability to seemingly easily generate files for publishing to Android and iOS. If I could develop in Visual Studio, then import into the Editor to publish to these platforms, that would be very awesome.

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 04:16 AM by Kartari.)
03-12-2015 04:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

RE: Can You Import Visual Studio Projects Into the Esenthel Editor?
03-12-2015 05:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kartari Offline

Thanks, 3DRaddict. That answers my question.
03-12-2015 05:33 AM
Zervox Offline

You can copy paste most if not all of your code without any issue at all back into the editor by hand, the reverse loading of a visual studio project will be quite alot trickier to do because Esenthel can't adapt to every single way each and different developer sorts/manages includes and code and styles. as you might notice when you export to visual studio your source is quite messy in some ways, everything is made available throughout the entire project, when in some cases you only need them inside one .cpp to not add uneccesary stuff to intellisense.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 06:17 AM by Zervox.)
03-12-2015 06:17 AM
Kartari Offline

Thanks Zervox. Yeah, I can certainly understand it would be an ordeal to import VS projects back into Esenthel. I'll keep copy & paste in mind, thanks.
03-12-2015 11:58 PM