About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Multiple characters
Matynator Offline

Multiple characters
I was wondering how i could simply replace the whole character, since i want to create male and female characters i cannot use the same skeleton nor mesh for them.

In conjunction with this question i was also wondering if i could use the basic Chr object for a character that consists of more then 1 mesh. since i want to replace for example the characters legs depending on what leg armor the character is wearing in game later down the line.

The basic character armor rendering tutorial does somewhat help with the multiple meshes but it is not what i wanted to do. since i do not want to draw my armor over the basic character but rather replace it.

Is there a simple way of swapping meshes out completely and would it be possible to do that for the whole character? face hair chest gloves boots pants the whole lot?

Kind regards,

Matynator
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2015 07:42 AM by Matynator.)
05-16-2015 07:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Multiple characters
Hi,

You can hide some mesh parts using "draw group enums" which you can set in "Groups" tab in object editor, and then using
void SetDrawMask ( UInt draw_mask =0xFFFFFFFF ); // set MeshPart "draw group" bit combination , this can be called before rendering meshes , draw mask is used to control which MeshParts should be rendered, it is a bit combination of all MeshPart draw groups (which are set using 'MeshPart.drawGroup') that should be included in rendering, each bit is responsible for a different group, for example SetDrawMask(0xFFFFFFFF) enables drawing of all groups, SetDrawMask(IndexToFlag(1) | IndexToFlag(3)) enables drawing of only 1 and 3 group, SetDrawMask(0) completely disables rendering

Then you can draw armor parts on top of it.

You can see tutorial "Mesh Part Draw Groups"
05-17-2015 10:57 PM
Matynator Offline

RE: Multiple characters
The mesh swap out already works at the moment. only issue i got right now is replacing the skeleton under the Chr as i kind of want to replace it depending if the character should be female or male.

edit: Wrote the characters display from scratch..Works fine as it is now in the char create and select, for the game its not to much of an issue lucky me. As i found a nice work around to swap the armor pieces out smile, @Esenthel the armor rendering tutorial actually helped me a lot with the first few steps in the right direction grin.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2015 08:21 PM by Matynator.)
05-18-2015 10:58 AM