Genre - Action RPG
Website - http://www.esenthel.com/projects/esenthe...about.html
Screens -

[Image: 01s.jpg] [Image: 16s.jpg] [Image: 12s.jpg] [Image: 07s.jpg]
01-25-2009 08:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sean Offline

Re: Esenthel RPG
Don't suppose the source code will be released?

It will be a superb tutorial for us who are trying to create a rpg-ish game. Right now i'm having trouble trying to do even the most basic of things. (I've already gone through the whole sets of tutorial)
08-30-2009 06:53 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

the demo was created 2 years ago, and it uses old classess which no longer exist in the engine wink
08-30-2009 11:17 AM
shrike126 Offline

If someone does decide to work on a RPG using Esenthel I would be on board with lending a hand as best I could. I'm a programming newb but Esenthel's been really great for learning the ropes and would love some hands on learning experience working with others on a project.
08-30-2009 08:03 PM
Xhizors Offline

Sean Wrote:Don't suppose the source code will be released?

It will be a superb tutorial for us who are trying to create a rpg-ish game. Right now i'm having trouble trying to do even the most basic of things. (I've already gone through the whole sets of tutorial)

As seab said, It would be a superb tutorial.
08-31-2009 07:53 AM
Chosker Offline

shrike126 Wrote:If someone does decide to work on a RPG using Esenthel I would be on board with lending a hand as best I could. I'm a programming newb but Esenthel's been really great for learning the ropes and would love some hands on learning experience working with others on a project.

I am working on an RPG using Esenthel. We've only recently moved to using this engine (previously using Nebula2) so we have very little done on Esenthel for now, but if you want to see how it looked in the old engine and read about the plans you can check out the Elium website

and back on the topic, yes I think the Esenthel RPG would be a great tutorial for us RPG developers smile
08-31-2009 08:53 PM
n321 Offline

I completely agree. I have been studying c++ for about a year now and can say Im at a moderate level and I have spent alot of time trying to add RPG elements to the BM demo code and I have to say im a bit stumped with some of the tasks Im trying to do. Just seeing how the esenthel RPG was structured and written would help alot, and who knows maybe some one could update it to the current engine base with the new classes...Ive seen it done before by users in the ogre forums for the 9th life code.

Anyways it would benefit me alot as well.
09-01-2009 02:26 AM
Xhizors Offline

So lets hope he release it smile
09-02-2009 05:27 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

to all interested in Esenthel RPG Source Codes:

Sorry, I would like to release them just like with Bloody Massacre, however they were written few years ago, using totally different classess, totally different style, they didnt use current world manager, and they just make a perfect example of how "not to make games" wink

instead of clearing things how to do something, they would just mess up peoples minds.

more practically, instead of releasing the sources:

Please let me know, what aspects of the gameplay you would like to have a tutorial about.

If many people would want it, its possible that I will do a tutorial of a simple gameplay element.
09-02-2009 10:02 PM
Dealman Offline

I believe that people would request the following RPG-Element Tutorials:

• Working Health/Mana/Whatever bar(s)
• Levelable Skills (Both Auto and Manual)
• Useable Actors/NPCs (For quests and similar stuff)

Those I believe are the most important elements to start a progress of an RPG.

I also wish the source code was avaible, unfortunatley it's out of date. As I'm workin' on an RPG, and I've got a lot of models done but no coding at all...
09-11-2009 06:12 PM